White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
There's a lot of clarity knowing that if this team underachieves, at least it means the likely end of the KW/Ozzie regime. This bullpen is making it very hard to "like" this team right now, as they already have 4 just heartbreaking losses.

I'd imagine ticket sales have completely dried up with the way this bullpen is pitching. Should be a ton of empty seats until the end of May.

Edited by BigSqwert

No, that's not what happened at all.

A poster does not like that I base my opinions of baseball on "assumptions", which is what second guessing is, and calls me an inept idiot.

That's what happened. And the response he got from me was deserved.

Never called you an idiot, FYI. You DID say "f*** you, dickbag," though... which shows your lack of maturity.

Again, sorry you think something is an assumption to you because you lack the ability to simply put 2 and 2 together. Crain and Santos are the only ones who have looked good (Santos especially). Logic dictates one of the two is a better choice. It's not rocket science.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
Thornton has fallen apart mentally. Sale has not looked good. Pena has been terrible. Ohman has been inconsistent.

Santos and Crain are the only ones who have looked overall decent or have appeared to have good control/mentality lately.

So what can we derive from this as intelligent human beings? One of those 2 is the more logical choice. Doi. At very least it's an "assumption" that has VASTLY more credibility than yours.

Don't be mad at me because you lack basic thinking skills... rofl

EDIT: LOL at Ozzie saying "s***" uncensored twice during the post game conference.

Again, you ASSUME that Santos and Crain will be better. They may be, and I'm all for removing Thornton, but that doesn't change the fact that you are basing this on an assumption. Because they can pitch in the 8th, they can close. Well, they assumed that about Thornton, too...and that assumption turned out to be wrong.

See how these are ALL assumptions?

That doesn't make your opinion on this inept, it just makes it what it is.

And no, it doesn't make your assumption more credible than mine.

I've been saying for days that I don't want Thornton closing.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
Never called you an idiot, FYI. You DID say "f*** you, dickbag," though... which shows your lack of maturity.

Again, sorry you think something is an assumption to you because you lack the ability to simply put 2 and 2 together. Crain and Santos are the only ones who have looked good (Santos especially). Logic dictates one of the two is a better choice. It's not rocket science.

I said the other day that I'd like to see Crain get the job. :P

Again, you ASSUME that Santos and Crain will be better. They may be, and I'm all for removing Thornton, but that doesn't change the fact that you are basing this on an assumption. Because they can pitch in the 8th, they can close. Well, they assumed that about Thornton, too...and that assumption turned out to be wrong.

See how these are ALL assumptions?

That doesn't make your opinion on this inept, it just makes it what it is.

And no, it doesn't make your assumption more credible than mine.

I've been saying for days that I don't want Thornton closing.

LOGICALLY THEY ARE BETTER CHOICES, therefore they are better options. PERIOD. If that's an assumption, so be it but it's far more logical than yours, which are always BASED on absolutely NOTHING, whereas mine is based on recent statistical history. This shows how you and Ozzie are pretty alike... go entirely with guy and completely ignore facts and statistics.

A guy thinking basing an argument on ZIP is as credible as basing one on recent FACTS... utterly HILARIOUS.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
He's prob next in line. And should be.

Has to be...no way you can use Thornton in a pressure situation right now. Wouldn't shock me if we hear about some lingering elbow issue in the coming days. I will say that Jeff Gray is a waste of roster spot, and you might as well bring up someone you think can get you one out. BTW, extremely impressed with Bob Geren this series. He definitely puts his players in a good chance to succeed with how he plays match-ups.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
I JOKINGLY used the term "idiot" once when I first got here, and I got a nice lil vacation. You guys might get hit with the banstick.

If I were you, I'd quickly make up and delete the incriminating evidence before a mod sees it :lolhitting

I'm not deleting anything. If they ban me, they ban me. But nobody's going to insult my credibility here without a direct and harsh response...especially the one that tried.

I JOKINGLY used the term "idiot" once when I first got here, and I got a nice lil vacation. You guys might get hit with the banstick.

If I were you, I'd quickly make up and delete the incriminating evidence before a mod sees it :lolhitting

I got nothing to hide. He called ME an idiot and I basically just quoted him.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
LOGICALLY THEY ARE BETTER CHOICES, therefore they are better options. PERIOD. If that's an assumption, so be it but it's far more logical than yours, which are always BASED on absolutely NOTHING, whereas mine is based on recent statistical history. This shows how you and Ozzie are pretty alike... go entirely with guy and completely ignore facts and statistics.

A guy thinking basing an argument on ZIP is as credible as basing one on recent FACTS... utterly HILARIOUS.

Again, I've been saying I wanted Crain to close for *DAYS*.

So what exactly are you basing this all on that I've said? This is what I mean...you don't even know what you're saying now...I don't want Thornton OR Sale to close, and I've said as much in previous game threads, numerous times. So, what exactly are you basing my "inept" and discredited opinions on? Because you don't even know...

Edited by Y2HH

So....Thornton isn't the closer? That's why he didn't start the 9th?

And then Sale sucked. And then Crain sucked.....and THEN Thornton sucked.

Wow.

Send Sale down to start all year. Call Carter up. Make Santos the closer.

That doesn't negate my argument or support yours. Frankly it's irrelevant. If this is the case how can you not see how it's more logical to TRY Crain (or Santos) who are the ONLY guys who have looked good recently instead of everyone else in the pen who essentially can't pitch at ALL right now?

I'm befuddled. Again, "assumption" based on facts is credible. "Assumption" based on absolutely nothing (your position for the most part) is not. Again, this isn't rocket science; it's basic logic.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)

jesse crain has been an average pitcher throughout his career. hes had a year or two where hes been slightly better than average, and a year or two where hes been slightly worse. He is what he is...a 7th inning guy. Nothing more