It can...

hi8is

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)
um i think our starters are doing exactly what I'd expect. MB had two s***ty games, one good. EJax 1 good one great one meh, Danks same thing, Floyd 1 good one bad, Humber one good.

How's that unsustainable?

So you'd expect our starters to average 7 innings pitched and 3.23 ERA all season?

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
So you'd expect our starters to average 7 innings pitched and 3.23 ERA all season?

I think his point was you making it sound like 2005, our starters have been good and bad this year. Our offense is what has been playing over their heads.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
Our offense is what has been playing over their heads.

I'm not so sure of this.

Rios will be hitting better than he has thus far.

AJ also falls into this category.

Another variable is that Dunn has not contributed to our offensive statistics during a portion of the first 12 games.

Pierre, Konerko, Carlos, and Alexi should see a drop off of varrying degrees but those who are off to slower starts will pick up as well.

It may just be the case this year that our offense is at the top of the majors at the dish this season.

I also expect our starters to continue doing this well - maybe with a slight increase in WHIP.

Once the bullpen gets on track - well be ready to roll out some nice winning streaks.

I'm also booking a nice shot in the arm with Peavy coming in May and Humber taking over for Pena.

As bad as it's looked thus far - sifting through the ugliness... There is a lot to be happy about for the 2011 Sox

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
I'm not so sure of this.

Rios will be hitting better than he has thus far.

AJ also falls into this category.

Another variable is that Dunn has not contributed to our offensive statistics during a portion of the first 12 games.

Pierre, Konerko, Carlos, and Alexi should see a drop off of varrying degrees but those who are off to slower starts will pick up as well.

It may just be the case this year that our offense is at the top of the majors at the dish this season.

I also expect our starters to continue doing this well - maybe with a slight increase in WHIP.

Once the bullpen gets on track - well be ready to roll out some nice winning streaks.

I'm also booking a nice shot in the arm with Peavy coming in May and Humber taking over for Pena.

As bad as it's looked thus far - sifting through the ugliness... There is a lot to be happy about for the 2011 Sox

I can't argue with that last sentence at all. It's especially nice to know that closers are also available if none of ours work out.

QUOTE (soxsider11 @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
aj sucks and does not produce. The sox are such a streaky team from TCQ beckham floyd jackson etc. can carry a team when they are on but if they all decide to go away at the same time watch out. The pen will be fine and i believe will still lead us to the division title

You texting from a Jitterbug phone?

QUOTE (soxsider11 @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
aj sucks and does not produce. The sox are such a streaky team from TCQ beckham floyd jackson etc. can carry a team when they are on but if they all decide to go away at the same time watch out. The pen will be fine and i believe will still lead us to the division title

Ummmm? Don't.know.what.to.say.

QUOTE (soxsider11 @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)

I wouldn't say AJ sucks, but I'm thinking he has little pop in the bat anymore and should concentrate on being Jason Kendall. Slap singles instead of pulling the ball. When he pulls it he grounds out to second so much, at least in the games I watch.

What's wrong with drilling singles to left and up the middle and occasionally find a gap in right center as well??

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 03:04 AM)
I just want to reiterate what was said throughout the thread - it could get worse from there. It has.

Overall, it will get better from here. Just hope that they can hit the ball a bit tomorrow.

Yep - it's going to turn around... I just hope the bullpen comes around now as well!

It's still early and we'll get to firing on all cylinders at some point - hopefully it's soon!!!

It's way too early to throw in the towel, but it is quite depressing right now. I could barely watch last night's game. As a matter of fact, I think I only watched about three innings. The offense is non-existent, the starting pitching is spotty at best, and the bullpen is a crapshoot. I'm sure it'll turn around, but will they be good enough to win the division?

The news about Peavy is very disappointing, but the team hasn't has Peavy since July. Humber has done an okay job, and hopefully he can keep doing so. I would not be surprised if Peavy doesn't return before June. And when he does, I'm beginning to doubt he'll be the pitcher he once was.

I'm not worried about Dunn. He'll come around and end up with numbers around his career average.

I'm concerned about the chemistry. It seems like the team can't all play well together. If the offense is good, the pitching and defense is bad. If the starting pitching is on, the bullpen blows it. If the offense and pitching are winning the game, the defense is dropping balls. The only time they play the same is when they all play poorly.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
It's way too early to throw in the towel, but it is quite depressing right now. I could barely watch last night's game. As a matter of fact, I think I only watched about three innings. The offense is non-existent, the starting pitching is spotty at best, and the bullpen is a crapshoot. I'm sure it'll turn around, but will they be good enough to win the division?

The news about Peavy is very disappointing, but the team hasn't has Peavy since July. Humber has done an okay job, and hopefully he can keep doing so. I would not be surprised if Peavy doesn't return before June. And when he does, I'm beginning to doubt he'll be the pitcher he once was.

I'm not worried about Dunn. He'll come around and end up with numbers around his career average.

I'm concerned about the chemistry. It seems like the team can't all play well together. If the offense is good, the pitching and defense is bad. If the starting pitching is on, the bullpen blows it. If the offense and pitching are winning the game, the defense is dropping balls. The only time they play the same is when they all play poorly.

It was tough to watch that Rays game.

You just sense we will not rally and yet had we had a 4 or 5 run lead none of us would feel safe.

Very depressing right now.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
I find it funny that, almost immediately after a thread was created saying that things can't get worse, they got worse.

Actually, I'd rather see this than what our bullpen displayed. The offense will be fine and isn't a concern for me.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
Peavy?

It's disappointing to see but thus far Humber has done just fine.

Peavy is coming back from a major injury and it's fun to pull for him the entire way - through ups and downs. It's a great story... Of course, it's hard at times but I'll take it on and keep pulling for him.

I just hope that the bullpen finds it's legs / Ozzie makes the right calls down there.

I think our offense will be fine and our starting pitching as well... So, I'm not ready to call this year over and start calling for peoples heads. We've got like 150 games left.

Get ready for a nice win streak and for posters to start phrasing players :P

It happens

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
It's disappointing to see but thus far Humber has done just fine.

Peavy is coming back from a major injury and it's fun to pull for him the entire way - through ups and downs. It's a great story... Of course, it's hard at times but I'll take it on and keep pulling for him.

I just hope that the bullpen finds it's legs / Ozzie makes the right calls down there.

I think our offense will be fine and our starting pitching as well... So, I'm not ready to call this year over and start calling for peoples heads. We've got like 150 games left.

Get ready for a nice win streak and for posters to start phrasing players :P

It happens

Yeah, it's a blast :huh: