It can...

hi8is

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
Yeah, it's a blast :huh:

I guess it depends on who you are as an individual.

Those who just want a high performing pitcher back in action - won't see this as fun - and that's fine.

There are others thou, who value the story itself and the devotion and strength it takes for him to battle through this... Through those eyes, it is fun to follow this story.

I still hope he comes back strong at this point and still have my fingers crossed.

The latest news is disappointing - no doubt.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Jesus. I'm sorry I don't revel in the high-octane fun that is watching Peavy walk back to the dugout hoping that he doesn't break his ankle in doing so.

It's insane...if it was someone like Carlos Zambrano who produced what Peavy has since he was acquired, people would be saying he was the biggest bust in Sox history. However, since they like Peavy and his "bulldog" approach, they're sitting around waiting for the Cy Young version of him to return (something he's said is likely gone for good).

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
It's insane...if it was someone like Carlos Zambrano who produced what Peavy has since he was acquired, people would be saying he was the biggest bust in Sox history. However, since they like Peavy and his "bulldog" approach, they're sitting around waiting for the Cy Young version of him to return (something he's said is likely gone for good).

He said that?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
See Garcia, Freddie.

I'd like to think he'd consistently be at least 90-92 instead of 86-89 though. Then it might be hopeless.

Depends on how much movement he has on his pitches.

Considering until yesterday he already has been at 90-93, I'd say that is pretty safe.

• 2 weeks later...