Friday the 13th

Soxplosion

Made in 1980, its a horror movie about something that slaughters teenage counselors at a camp. Its scary as hell and the incessant night and rain make it even scarier. Some guy was lying on his bed smokin a cig and a spear poked up from below, cutting his throat. Then another girl was in the bathroom and got axed in the face. I kinda laughed at that one tho cuz the scream was so fake. She was like "eek" and then it showed her slumping to the floor with an axe in her face. Im gonna have nightmares for weeks...

Have you seen 28 Days Later? Was it any good?

Still, the rain, night and music makes this movie rather scary. Ya know how no scary movie ever takes place on a nice sunny day? Ya gotta have that gloomy setting. Altho it would be interesting to have a good scary movie where a buncha people get slaughtered one by one at noon on a nice little beach in Key West...

I haven't seen it, but a friend of mine who has nearly the exact same taste in movies as I do saw it and she said it was horrible, so I'm going to go with her judgment and not blow $8 for a 2nd opinion.

Still, the rain, night and music makes this movie rather scary. Ya know how no scary movie ever takes place on a nice sunny day? Ya gotta have that gloomy setting. Altho it would be interesting to have a good scary movie where a buncha people get slaughtered one by one at noon on a nice little beach in Key West...

killers need the cover. think about it, the night makes them harder to see, the rain makes them harder to hear.

And I think its just scarier. Think about this movie. Incessant rain, endless night and a camp hidden deep in the woods. Its a very gloomy setting. Down at the beach on a sunny day, its nice and joyful! Its not gonna be scary if ya have some clown running along cutting peoples throats on the beach...

And I think its just scarier. Think about this movie. Incessant rain, endless night and a camp hidden deep in the woods. Its a very gloomy setting. Down at the beach on a sunny day, its nice and joyful! Its not gonna be scary if ya have some clown running along cutting peoples throats on the beach...

haha well i still think it'd be kinda scary if someone was running around on the beach killing people. but with the isolated, dark, rainy camp setting you are much more vulnerable. your senses can't help you as much. people are afraid of being that helpless to begin with, never mind having a killer running around.

Exactly. And in these horror movies all the protagonists act so stupid! Its incredible. A body falls outta the tree and they run around in a circle like where do I go now? Run ya moron! And then the last counselor knocks out the murderer like three times and then runs away only so the monster can get up and come try to kill her again. Geez, Id cut her head off and burn the building down. Ya can never be too safe... ;) :lol: