What is Going Wrong With the Sox

Felix

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 02:47 AM)
I didn't suggest they needed to have the best minor league system - the Twins don't and haven't for years - but having some semblance of production from your minor league system gives you 6 years of relatively cheap production.

First things first, lets hope this time KW hired a farm director and scouts who don't embezzle.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
Summarily dismissing hot streaks is unacceptable. No team is going exactly 6-4 in every 10 games. Any team that wins a division or wild card is going to have a hot streak. There is this obsession with the bad points, and then the good get dismissed like they don't really matter. It doesn't work both ways. You can't just wave away 26-5 and obsess about a bad September in the same breahth.

Let's put it this way, since the wild card era how I wonder how many teams went 26-5 (or 38-13) in any stretch during the season and failed to make the playoffs? My guess is not many. You're not a good team when that happens.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Let's put it this way, since the wild card era how I wonder how many teams went 26-5 (or 38-13) in any stretch during the season and failed to make the playoffs? My guess is not many. You're not a good team when that happens.

Oh come on man, how many teams went 26-5 or 38-13 in the first place?!

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)

Which is my point exactly. You aren't going to have a sustained runs like that if you are as bad as you want everyone to believe that the Sox have been under Williams/Guillen. Thanks for putting holes in your own boat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
Which is my point exactly. You aren't going to have a sustained runs like that if you are as bad as you want everyone to believe that the Sox have been under Williams/Guillen. Thanks for putting holes in your own boat.

a 51-game run in the last 666 games where they play ~ .760 ball should be considered the outlier.

Fire Ozzie, Fire Kenny, Have a Fire Sale, Adam Dunn is Done, Lillabridge for CF to Leadoff...

Those are the most popular threads on soxtalk right now - what a disgrace.

Where are your balls men?

Where are your ovaries women??

GO SOX!!! FIRE ON ALL CYLINDERS BABY!

CLIMB BACK TO FIRST AND GIVE US A 5 GAME LEAD BY THE END OF MAY!!!

QUOTE (Anderson Cooper's Quivering @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Removing the outlier of 2007 and looking at the W/L since Ozzie has been manager, the Sox record is 528-445. That's 83 games over 500. That's an average season of 88-74.

Fire Ozzie.

If you're removing the low-side outlier, you gotta remove the high side outlier as well.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
If you're removing the low-side outlier, you gotta remove the high side outlier as well.

That is pretty much a fair respose to a thread that is doing exactly the opposite of that. They are focusing in on just the low site outlier.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
And if you have one during the 3rd week of the season, who knows how many more you'll have the rest of the year.

And if you go 7-3 over the first 10 game stretch of the season, who knows how many more of those you'll have the rest of the year.