What is Going Wrong With the Sox

Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
Kind of sad when you threaten me to not personally attack anyone, then promptly ignore it when others do the same to me.

No one is attacking you personally we are just speaking facts here.... yes you were correct more often than not Dunn will be heading back to the dugout but more often that not won't all the MLB players be doing so as well?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
Kind of sad when you threaten me to not personally attack anyone, then promptly ignore it when others do the same to me.

There was 1 and I gave a warning a few posts up. Stick to your straw-man arguments, no need to go after people the way you are.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
No one is attacking you personally we are just speaking facts here.... yes you were correct more often than not Dunn will be heading back to the dugout but more often that not won't all the MLB players be doing so as well?

Now I get it, all MLB hitters suck. That is what Felix has been trying to tell us all along. I feel so enlightened now, just like I felt when I found out Soylent Green was people.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)

I never said anything to the contrary. You're all reading wayyyyyyyyy too much into what I've said.

If you like facts, how about these?

FACT: Dunn strikes out a lot.

FACT: Dunn doesn't manufacture runs.

FACT: Dunn clogs up the bases

FACT: Dunn will NEVER compete for a batting title.

FACT: Dunn HAS NEVER won 81 or more games in a season.

FACT: Since adding Dunn, the team's defense has gotten considerably worse.

FACT: Dunn CANNOT bunt at all.

None of this is disputable, and it is the exact reason why we need to drop this dead weight sooner rather than later.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Hate to break it to you but his OPS is now .926. Big blow.

And lets ALL quit it with the personal attacks, no need for this discussion to get nasty. I'm talking to you specifically, ws99.

I'm not sure how saying that Adam Dunn told Felix he is a f***ing joke is a personal attack but duly noted. I would suggest that you need to get out of your parents' basement and get laid every once in a while though. It might lighten you up.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
I'm not sure how saying that Adam Dunn told Felix he is a f***ing joke is a personal attack but duly noted. I would suggest that you need to get out of your parents' basement and get laid every once in a while though. It might lighten you up.

I actually have the windows open. It's really quite nice.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)

BANNED! f***ING BANNED! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
I never said anything to the contrary. You're all reading wayyyyyyyyy too much into what I've said.

If you like facts, how about these?

FACT: Dunn strikes out a lot.

FACT: Dunn doesn't manufacture runs.

FACT: Dunn clogs up the bases

FACT: Dunn will NEVER compete for a batting title.

FACT: Dunn HAS NEVER won 81 or more games in a season.

FACT: Since adding Dunn, the team's defense has gotten considerably worse.

FACT: Dunn CANNOT bunt at all.

None of this is disputable, and it is the exact reason why we need to drop this dead weight sooner rather than later.

okay a few facts are correct while others are not.

Dunn does manufacture runs, it is true that the defense has been worse since Dunn has came but how does he contribute to the poor defense is what i dont understand. Why would any1 ask Dunn to bunt? It is not like I see any other team's sluggers bunting either/

I agree with the OP. I hated the Thome trade and the Dunn signing simply because I don't like this type of player. Saber guys love him. Guys like us that like watching players who can get creative with the baseball will often be frustrated with Dunn. But he sure is gonna hit a bunch of crowd-pleasers and he's on my favorite team, so we gotta get over it dude. Cheer for the man.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
I mean, I know it's still early, but this is the type of production we're getting out of the DH spot? Sure it's better than Mark Kotsay, but that's not saying much. We simply aren't going to win with this guy getting significant at-bats. Yeah, he'll hit some dingers, but his speed and inability to put the bat on the ball is going to do more damage than good. How are we supposed to score runs with him clogging the bases and striking out with runners on? That just isn't going to do our team any good.

I'll admit, I was excited when we first signed him. I thought, "Hell yeah! Another Paul Konerko!" But it's clear that Dunn is just a National League player who can't lead his team to any success. Ever wonder why he hasn't played in the playoffs? He clearly doesn't have what it takes to bring his team over the hump.

I know this isn't something people want to hear right now, but the sooner we admit the truth, the better the team will be in the future.

Jesus Christ in a dump truck.