4/16 GT: Sox vs Halos - 3:10pm CDT - FOX

knightni

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Today actually worked out well for me. I've been on the couch sick all day watching the Bulls win, FC Barcelona tie Real @ the Bernabeu, and now the Sox. Hopefully the offense can do something against Chatwood who appears to have good stuff.

Not to mention the fact that Damon did it two games in a row.

Capps and Nathan both collapsed again. Capps gave up one in the 8th, Zobrist hit a homer to tie it off Nathan, there were three walks and eventually Mijares hooked a ball down the RF line with two outs and the bases loaded.

Of course, TB has now won 5 in a row after we helped to breathe life into them. And playing down there, on turf, well, let's cross our fingers our bullpen is ready to go next week.

PS: Note to Ozzie, don't invest in a house in Chicago, since you might not be living here for more than 6 months.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 05:41 PM)
I promised myself that I was going to give this team a solid month, good, bad or average, before I came to any legitimate conclusion on what kinda team they are. But I'm getting annoyed real fast.

We're behind the Blue Jays, Astros, DBacks and Mariners (probably the most boring team in baseball history after Ichiro and King Felix) and hovering at 23rd in attendance.

The weather has been brutal recently, but "all in" only works if the fans buy into it.

Losing three of four or four of five is nothing if you followed this team closely in 2010, but the "casual" Sox fan doesn't usually get excited for a typical .500 White Sox team. We're at risk of losing those walk-up fans for April and May, especially with the way we've played at home so far this year.

The lack of excitement is even noticeable among "diehard" Sox fans here already. We really need to win one of these next two before we head to play the suddenly sizzling hot Rays.

Edited by caulfield12