4/16 GT: Sox vs Halos - 3:10pm CDT - FOX

knightni

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexei's not starting off very well either, if he wants to be considered for a Gold Glove.

I guess as long as Jeter hits above .250, he'll still win it as long as he's not playing shortstop in a rocking chair at the nursing home, and even then, some NY and ESPN writers would vote for him as a "write in" candidate.

First pitch fastball???

Really? After back-to-back walks?

Farmer and DJ both called it about 2-3 minutes before it actually happened.

At least the fans don't have to suffer from another blown save, if there's any solace to be found in that.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
Danks for Montero. Shop Rios to the Braves for one of their pitching studs. That is if this continues.

Well, since it's the Indians and Royals that we're trailing, the Sox will be given more rope by JR and KW.

That will at least buy them a couple more weeks to hold off on any decisions to dismantle...last year the team finally caught fire just in time.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Who plays center in this hypothetical?

Don't know. And I don't care. No diss at you, man. Another 2nd or 3rd place finish will be the end for me. I know it's early. I get that. I'm just foreshadowing. If we're in first or a few games out, then forget it. But I don't like this pattern we're in right now. Tyler Chatwood? C'mon, now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. But the Yankees are the team to target when it comes to either Jackson or Danks. Hughes is on the DL and has sucked since the break. They REALLY need SP.

i guess i was half serious lol meaning they really are going to be desperate but i dont know if hes untouchable. if in june the sox are out of it(not probable just because the division)and jackson is still pitching great, ill ask for nothing less then montero and banuelos

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
i guess i was half serious lol meaning they really are going to be desperate but i dont know if hes untouchable. if in june the sox are out of it(not probable just because the division)and jackson is still pitching great, ill ask for nothing less then montero and banuelos

lol. Both? Don't know about that. But Danks for Montero would be just fine for me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Don't know. And I don't care. No diss at you, man. Another 2nd or 3rd place finish will be the end for me. I know it's early. I get that. I'm just foreshadowing. If we're in first or a few games out, then forget it. But I don't like this pattern we're in right now. Tyler Chatwood? C'mon, now.

I'm still not sold on us being done in April, sorry. And I haven't seen any reason to believe that Montero can stick behind the plate. I mean, he's a good enough bat to DH and be a difference maker, but still...

I assume the fans are booing again today.

Has there been more booing this year than all of the last 2 years combined?

Games I've watched on mlb.com there have been boos this week.

This team is playing horrendous baseball.

The demoralizing losses due to the bullpen have carried over to the rest of the team it seems. The offense has been awful this week, and Gavin made some really bad pitches tonight. There's no reason for Teahen or Omar not to be starting at 3b. Morel's overmatched.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
I'm still not sold on us being done in April, sorry. And I haven't seen any reason to believe that Montero can stick behind the plate. I mean, he's a good enough bat to DH and be a difference maker, but still...

Never said we were done. I'm just seeing a pattern here. I was just looking ahead. Which can be good and bad.