Angels @ White Sox, Sunday 1:10 PM, CSN

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
We f***ing suck! But good thing we picked up Ozzie's option!

That doesn't matter...if Sox have a disasterous road trip vs Tampa/Detroit/NYY, and go something like 2-9, then he'll be on the hot seat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
That doesn't matter...if Sox have a disasterous road trip vs Tampa/Detroit/NYY, and go something like 2-9, then he'll be on the hot seat.

You really think they will fire him? I hope you're right.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
They should fire KW before they fire Ozzie.

I do agree that KW is more responsible for putting the Sox in such a dire situation where they have to win this year or else. KW's going to be in a tough spot if this team falls 10 games out or so by the deadline, as there's gaping holes they're going to have to fill cheaply in the next few years (starting pitching).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)

He's more responsible for this roster than anyone else. Although at this point, I'd be welcome to changes in either aspect.

Both. A major overhaul is in order.

I'm really pessimistic today, jeezus!

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)

He's more responsible for this roster than anyone else. Although at this point, I'd be welcome to changes in either aspect.

KW should be the first guy fired. Nothing like turning the fan base off in early April.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
I do agree that KW is more responsible for putting the Sox in such a dire situation where they have to win this year or else. KW's going to be in a tough spot if this team falls 10 games out or so by the deadline, as there's gaping holes they're going to have to fill cheaply in the next few years (starting pitching).

We've got Floyd, who's more like a #4 who occasionally pitches like a 1/2 but not consistently...who knows long-term with Peavy, and Sale.

If Peavy and Sale can be top 3 level starters, we could be okay to fill in the back of the rotation.

But what are the odds of that, of both things happening....and those guys staying healthy together for an extended period of time?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
We've got Floyd, who's more like a #4 who occasionally pitches like a 1/2 but not consistently...who knows long-term with Peavy, and Sale.

If Peavy and Sale can be top 3 level starters, we could be okay to fill in the back of the rotation.

But what are the odds of that, of both things happening....and those guys staying healthy together for an extended period of time?

Who are these #4/5 starters we're going to have? Not likely to be anyone from the system.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
Both. A major overhaul is in order.

I'm really pessimistic today, jeezus!

Haren was injured the last couple of seasons and not at 100%.

There's no doubt he's one of the favorites for the Cy Young if he (and/or Weaver) continue like this.

Imagine the numbers they'll roll up against the Mariners and A's this year.

We just beat the Angels 7 times in a row (in 2010)....so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost these 3, even at home.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)

This data is a couple years old but the point is still right on.

After going through that procedure for all thirty MLB teams, we can make some generalizations. To start with, here are the averages for each rotation position:

Lg #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

MLB 3.60 4.14 4.58 5.10 6.24

AL 3.70 4.24 4.58 5.09 6.22

NL 3.51 4.04 4.57 5.11 6.26

Floyd's ERA since coming to Chicago is 4.13, which puts him squarely as an above average #3.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Who are these #4/5 starters we're going to have? Not likely to be anyone from the system.

One's going to have to be the prospect/s we get back for Danks.

Not sure about the other one. We'll have $22-23 million freed up from Jackson/Buehrle, plus a draft pick or two, but I think they're more likely to find a Loaiza/Penny/Ponson/Lohse/Colon type on the cheap if they're rebuilding.

What's the crowd look like today? Besides the booing we're now starting to hear again...?

Edited by caulfield12