Angels @ White Sox, Sunday 1:10 PM, CSN

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
When the alternative is Buddy Bell, I hope this team starts winning to save Guillen's job.

I know some people hate Ned Yost, but the diehard Royals fans out here love him.

Ozzie's days are numbered if we keep dropping games.

Like somebody said, the team has tanked since the bullpen implosions.

It's still early but you can't go getting swept at home by teams like the Angels with the salaries we have.

Sox remain Team Dysfunction.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
This slump has nothing to do with Walker. Slumping against some of the best pitchers in the world is excusable. It's the bullpen/Ozzie's fault we didn't have more of a cushion to be over .500 right now.

I did not say it did, I said the talk would begin.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
It's still early but you can't go getting swept at home by teams like the Angels with the salaries we have.

When you're facing Weaver and Haren...you're in trouble if you don't win game 1.

Slumps happen. Maybe it's good it is this early adn not late September. I believe the team will comea round. It will be nice when Dunn starts hitting the big dingers and then the K's will be easier to swallow. The pitchers are struggling some also and when MB gives up 9 hits through 6 innings that isn't conducive to a shutout, which they have to throw for us to have a chance to win right now. Too early to panic and start calling for heads to roll

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
I'm almost happy that i haven't been able to watch any of these games. It really seems like i'm not missing much.

This series has been disgusting. Bad execution, bad defense, bad at bats, bad pitching, bad managing.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
I'm almost happy that i haven't been able to watch any of these games. It really seems like i'm not missing much.

You're not missing a thing, trust me. I stopped watching this one. I'm watching the Mariners- Royals. Pineda looks pretty good.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)

You missed Dunn striking out again

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Haha, so Buehrle starts the 7th inning when he's getting hammered at 90 pitches? Ozzie's such an idiot.

This is your definition of getting hammered?

We're going on an 11 game in 11 day road trip following this one, we don't have an offday in about 3 weeks, and Ozzie's an idiot for not going to his bullpen.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
One thing I love about Buerhle is how focused he remains even when giving up a lot of hits. In the 7th he comes back against a good hitter and induces the GIDP

Technically there was no "GI" there.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
All on the road:

4x TB

3x DET

4x NYY

Ouch.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
You're not missing a thing, trust me. I stopped watching this one. I'm watching the Mariners- Royals. Pineda looks pretty good.

For whatever reason it's not on TV hear, I'm listening to the game via Mariners' affiliate from Juneau, Alaska...

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
One thing I love about Buerhle is how focused he remains even when giving up a lot of hits. In the 7th he comes back against a good hitter and induces the GIDP

Yeah, he is truly a professional.

I wish all players were like he and Paulie.