White Sox @ Rays, 04/18 THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
haha! we truly have some slow as s*** players on this team

This is one of our faster lineups in recent memory, it's just PK and Castro are two of the slowest guys to ever play baseball. Crazy to think we were one out away from 8-4...and now we're staring 7-9 in the face.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
This is one of our faster lineups in recent memory, it's just PK and Castro are two of the slowest guys to ever play baseball. Crazy to think we were one out away from 8-4...and now we're staring 7-9 in the face.

sure, there's some speed, but it would be funny to line up Konerko, Dunn and Castro in a race.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:09 PM)
Apparently the Tampa fans aren't sure what time the game starts either.

can't really dog other teams about attendance....the cell has been freaking empty this year

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 12:11 AM)
can't really dog other teams about attendance....the cell has been freaking empty this year

Brooks should start hyping up Peavy's start on the 29th by saying "Come see Peavy...who knows if he'll be healthy for another start". That should get 18k in the stands.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
Looks like the Red Sawks have stopped f***ing around. Before you know it. the Twins will wake up and start winning too.

I know it's early, but I would sure like the Sox to show some signs of life.

IMO, Tigers are better than Twins. Better lineup, way better bullpen

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
I always liked Fuld on the Cubs, but they were never willing to give him a shot. Great defender who always seemed like a tough out.

He seemed like a throw in in that trade as well. They had their lead off guy and let him go and he is f-ing us over.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
Really frustrating when you look all around baseball and see young talent shining, while we're still waiting for Beckham to 'get it.'

I was his biggest fan when he came up, but he's lost a lot of that star ability. Doesn't make consistent enough hard contact. Looking back at who we could have traded him for, you have to hope he figures it out as we need some good, cheap talent.