Five is Enough - Turning this S*** Around Game Thread

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
don't know why that made me laugh

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
I hit myself in the head with my son's dirty diaper.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
lmfao

I'm in such utter shock by that post that I don't even feel the pain. I see a bloody detatched foot. Yet I feel no pain.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
The outfield dropping flyballs is not on Ozzie. If those overpaid busters can't catch a ball, then they should bench themselves.

Which makes me wonder if there is a leader on this team that can get all over those guys for bonehead plays. I don't think konerko is that guy and he's the damn captain.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
So he's responsible for every mistake a player makes during the game?

I'd say that the manager and the coaching staff are responsible when all of the players continually make bad plays in a lot of games. Pierre has had the dropsies. Morel was supposed to be some defensive whiz and he's enduring a case of teahenitis, Alexei hasn't been as good this year and now Rios is starting to be a prick out there.

@MDGonzales

Mark Gonzales

Oz thinking of dropping Dunn in the order, thinks he and others are pressing. Wants team to relax or it will kill his liver.

Dropping Dunn in the order...wow, everyone has been saying that for months, but yet Ozzie just realizes this.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)
but isnt that more on the coaches like cora,etc?

Rios is a mediocre CF. All our outfielders are mediocre at best. They're going to have trouble with tough chances.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
@MDGonzales

Mark Gonzales

Oz thinking of dropping Dunn in the order, thinks he and others are pressing. Wants team to relax or it will kill his liver.

Dropping Dunn in the order...wow, everyone has been saying that for months, but yet Ozzie just realizes this.

To be fair the order has been in place officially for less than 3 weeks.

But thank god he realized his lineup is s***. I would also like to see less of Gordon in the 2 hole.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)

But thank god he realized his lineup is s***. I would also like to see less of Gordon in the 2 hole.

Can't disagree with that. I'd also like to see less Pierre in the leadoff spot if the f***er can't even use his only asset to steal goddamn base.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)

I would love to see Alexei, Q, Konerko, Dunn as our 2-5. Can't be worse.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
So he's responsible for every mistake a player makes during the game?

Absolutely not, but he is in charge of putting his team in postion to win. The White Sox give up more outs than any team in the majors, and it fails more often than it works. Ozzie did the safe thing pulling Buehrle and bringing in his closer last week, because managers aren't going to get crap giving their closer the ball in the 9th. The safe thing used to be anti-Ozzie. Maybe he's starting to feel vulnerable. Buerhle was cruising. It was a crushing loss. More often than not Ozzie's moves are blowing up in his face. On the other side of the coin, maybe if Beckham doesn't bunt toight he hits into a DP, then Dunn strikes out the game is over and we all assume he should have bunted because Paulie was a lock to get a hit. Maybe Buehrle gets shelled if he goes in for the 9th against Oakland, after all it was only a few days before that when Ozzie was getting slammed for not using Thornton in extra innings.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
is there anything oz does you don't make an excuse for?

just think of the people that call ozzie a moron,but there is nobody on this board that know a fraction of what that man knows about baseball like him or not he still is a good manager the same manager that won in 2005 when everybody was all over his hog,,,,,,hey why dont we talk about KW dont he have some blame ?

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
I would love to see Alexei, Q, Konerko, Dunn as our 2-5. Can't be worse.

I'm going to go the opposite of a speed lineup and play for the 3 run homer and put Teahen first for a few days a week and maybe Omar as well.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
just think of the people that call ozzie a moron,but there is nobody on this board that know a fraction of what that man knows about baseball like him or not he still is a good manager the same manager that won in 2005 when everybody was all over his hog,,,,,,hey why dont we talk about KW dont he have some blame ?

KW has received some good hate for kind of dicking us in the trade/farm/money/resource departments.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)

KW has been worse than Ozzie over the last 3+ years.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)

BS. Baseball isn't that complicated of a game. If you've been watching baseball your whole life and have a decent mind, you don't need a major league pension to have an idea what you are talking about. Listen to Ozzie and Oney talk about how much more about baseball they know than anyone else. If its so true how come the Sox don't win more?