Five is Enough - Turning this S*** Around Game Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
Well aside that Tampa didn't use a closer tonight as James Shields finished the game, Dunn also just had an appendectomy recently and missed some time which DOES matter.. Its hard to have take peoples posts legit when they make statements that lead you to believe they didn't even watch/follow the game (I.E. Tampa using a closer tonight)

Ide be absolutely shocked if Dunn didn't have 35-40 homers and 90-100 RBI's by the end of the year.. this place is going to hell over a 7-10 start, my god

Here's the problem: "This place is going crazy over a 7-8 start?" "This place is going crazy over a 7-9 start?" This place is going to hell over a 7-10 start?" At what point are you allowed to be concerned? Do we have to be 15-30 before it's alright to panic? Not saying that anybody is really panicking. I know I'm not. But this team does not have the proven pedigree of the Twins. There's no wiggle room to really say "it's early". Now it is early. And I can easily see this team going on a 15-2 run at some point. But as of right now, the criticism is well deserved. The baserunning and defense has been insulting. That's something that we go into EVERY season hearing those two categories are a point of emphasis. And it's the same crap every year. What happens if Wade Davis shuts us down tomorrow? Still too early?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 04:18 AM)
Here's the problem: "This place is going crazy over a 7-8 start?" "This place is going crazy over a 7-9 start?" This place is going to hell over a 7-10 start?" At what point are you allowed to be concerned? Do we have to be 15-30 before it's alright to panic? Not saying that anybody is really panicking. I know I'm not. But this team does not have the proven pedigree of the Twins. There's no wiggle room to really say "it's early". Now it is early. And I can easily see this team going on a 15-2 run at some point. But as of right now, the criticism is well deserved. The baserunning and defense has been insulting. That's something that we go into EVERY season hearing those two categories are a point of emphasis. And it's the same crap every year. What happens if Wade Davis shuts us down tomorrow? Still too early?

I agree. I hate when the team just loses night after night after night.

To me, it means more than just meaningless games in April. Something is wrong when you drop games in bunches like this.

We're in one of those stretches where I find it impossible to believe we're going to win the game.

April or not, that sucks.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
I understand the angst over Ozzie...he was bunting in the 2 or 3rd inning the first week of the season...but bottom line...this offense has not showed up at all. 4 goddamn hit?!? I said this 2 years ago...this organization needs to hire a sports psychologist IMO. Bunch of headcases...

They did. Former Dr. to the Florida Marlins