4/20 GAME THREAD: Sox @ Rays, 5:40pm CT

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
It does if the manager/coaching staff allows a lacadaisical attitude by it's players and lack of effort, basically laziness and no real drive to be competitive

this is what coaches are ultimately used for in every damn sport, to coach the players, put them in the state of mind to succeed and be positive. i'm starting to believe this coaching staff doesn't bring this mentality to Sox players

I really couldn't see Greg Walker, Harold Baines or Joey Cora firing up a camp stove to tell you the truth.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
I really couldn't see Greg Walker, Harold Baines or Joey Cora firing up a camp stove to tell you the truth.

I don't either, but I also don't see them putting off a positive vibe or a winning attitude

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Is he still saying it's way too early to worry?

so far only 1 person has called, they said Ozzie is micromanaging, using the wrong players to bunt, pulls his starters too early

rongey said ozzie doesn't micromanage, AJ should be bunting instead of Omar or Pierre (lol), and Buehrle has to be coddled

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
so far only 1 person has called, they said Ozzie is micromanaging, using the wrong players to bunt, pulls his starters too early

rongey said ozzie doesn't micromanage, AJ should be bunting instead of Omar or Pierre (lol), and Buehrle has to be coddled

Rongey next negative White Sox comments will be his first..........his excuses gets old real fast!

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
I don't either, but I also don't see them putting off a positive vibe or a winning attitude

that's because they don't...3 of the most stoic people you'll ever see. It's really not a shocker this team is so flat all the time...

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 04:14 AM)
White Sox baseball is comedy this season.

After watching the Twins bat in the 9th today, I don't feel as bad about things. We're obviously playing terrible right now, but it's better to be 6 games behind Cleveland than it would be the Twins/Tigers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
After watching the Twins bat in the 9th today, I don't feel as bad about things. We're obviously playing terrible right now, but it's better to be 6 games behind Cleveland than it would be the Twins/Tigers.

I would agree, but the Twins fans are saying the same thing about watching us -__-. I sure hope Cleveland remembers that they are supposed to be bad soon.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 04:18 AM)
I would agree, but the Twins fans are saying the same thing about watching us -__-. I sure hope Cleveland remembers that they are supposed to be bad soon.

Cleveland's pitching won't hold up. I'm still not concerned with them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Cleveland's pitching won't hold up. I'm still not concerned with them.

I would normally agree with you. But I don't want to spot any team 10+ games. I don't care how early it is. The Sox look every bit as lifeless since those first two games in Cleveland that they did during last year's start. And I'm rather certain another 38-13 tear is not going to happen this time around.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 03:23 AM)
I would normally agree with you. But I don't want to spot any team 10+ games. I don't care how early it is. The Sox look every bit as lifeless since those first two games in Cleveland that they did during last year's start. And I'm rather certain another 38-13 tear is not going to happen this time around.

I can't believe people are not concerned. If we fall 10 games back, I don't care of what teams, it's going to take forever to make that up, no matter how well we play.

Not all teams drop seven, eight, nine in a row. If any team that far ahead of Sox just goes 4-6 during its dry spell(s) it's impossible to catch up in six week span.