4/20 GAME THREAD: Sox @ Rays, 5:40pm CT

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
Today from a national baseball writer

Interesting. One thing about Saturday that my guy found odd was that the Chairman was at Sox park and not the UC for the Bulls playoff game. Things might be swirling around on 35th pretty soon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
I hope we see Ozzie and fired in the same sentence more. We go winless on this road trip, and I'm confident we'll see a new manager next Friday in Chicago.

What manager of any quality would want to be bothered with this organization?

All Reinsdorf will do is promote another lacky from within.

The last time he went outside the organization it produced Thomas, Ventura, Alvarez and McDowell.

He won't do that again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
He didn't have to jump as early as he did. Even after jumping, he didn't hit the wall. It was a good play, but one most outfielders make.

He most definately hit the wall. It was a really nice play, long run, nice catch. Not many RF'ers make that play routinely.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 12:57 AM)
He most definately hit the wall. It was a really nice play, long run, nice catch. Not many RF'ers make that play routinely.

To me, it didn't look like he jumped into the wall. I actually give Hawk for not making it sound like the greatest play ever (which the Fuld catch last series was).

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
To me, it didn't look like he jumped into the wall. I actually give Hawk for not making it sound like the greatest play ever (which the Fuld catch last series was).

It wasnt the greatest ever, but Matt Joyce shouldnt have been able to make that catch. Of course he did.

we're being toyed with by the f***ing rays. i still feel like the Sox are just going to go ape s*** with the bats here some inning and start jacking the ball all over the park. Yes, that's right, I still believe in this offense. Saw too many good things that first week.