4/20 GAME THREAD: Sox @ Rays, 5:40pm CT

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 12:42 AM)
I dont know whats worse, watching this offense or the farts I'm letting loose from the egg salad sandwich I had for lunch today.

or changing the poop of a baby that just started eating solids.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
This the year the sox have to be "that team."

The one that gets mocked nationally for making an early firing.

Somebody should be fired now.

This is ridiculous.

Seven losses in a row when you are "all in?"

Lexi works the count then hits a weak pop up?

This is the year the Sox have to be the team that cans people early.

Or Reinsdorf has to publicly pull a Steinbrenner and rip the team or SOMETHING!!!

Who do you want fired and how would it help the Sox? You think if Ryne Sanberg was standing in the spot Ozzie is standing right now, Rios, Beckham, Dunn and Pierre would start hitting? Do you think if Rick Hahn took over for Kenny Williams, Matt Thornton would become a top notch closer and Jake Peavy's arm/back/shoulder/adnoids would heal and he'd be able to pitch tomorrow and be an ace?

Who should be fired because of Alexei working the count and hitting a weak pop up?

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:47 AM)
I'm sure you were saying this the first week of the season.

Oh dear, the stats were living off of the first game. I've long believed that Walker's biggest weakness is helping young hitters adjust after the league adjusts to them.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:48 AM)
Who do you want fired and how would it help the Sox? You think if Ryne Sanberg was standing in the spot Ozzie is standing right now, Rios, Beckham, Dunn and Pierre would start hitting? Do you think if Rick Hahn took over for Kenny Williams, Matt Thornton would become a top notch closer and Jake Peavy's arm/back/shoulder/adnoids would heal and he'd be able to pitch tomorrow and be an ace?

Who should be fired because of Alexei working the count and hitting a weak pop up?

No doubt in my mind that there's too much complacency among our coaches and players. No one is held accountable.

Edited by fathom

This discussion has been had before, last year really, and the answer seemed to be that firing someone at least shows that there is some sense of accountability in the organization, which is something I think we all waved bye-bye to long ago. Loyalty is a double edged sword and keeping guys like Cox around year after year can really come back to hurt a team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 07:49 PM)
Oh dear, the stats were living off of the first game. I've long believed that Walker's biggest weakness is helping young hitters adjust after the league adjusts to them.

Yeah, Beckham never adjusted to the league and has continued to suck. Oh wait.

In Walkers ChiSox career, they just have not had good young hitters come through the system (Beckham really is the first).

Hitting coaches don't really matter. That's why b****ing about the current one is pointless exercise.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
Hey Zen, thanks for releasing Chris Bolden out of his bball commitment. Sounds like he'll end up at GT.

Hopefully we hire someone that he'll be interested in visiting with.

He should be thanking Miami. Haith would have ruined him just like every other good player Haith has brought in.