The Optimism Thread

fathom

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
It is about time for a nice Ozzie meltdown to take some attention away from the team.

His meltdown should be directed at the team in private. It shouldn't be a meltdown just to get people from talking about how bad the team is. He could do both, I suppose, but he absolutely needs to do the first.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
Its really not that confusing at all.

There is reason to be optimistic, its early in the season, the Sox on paper seemingly have a good team, there is plenty of time for the team to click and win a bunch of games.

At the same time, if they play the same way they did over the last week or they are going to lose a bunch more, and eventually time wont be on their side.

You want to fix the problems as soon as possible. Hence the statement, they need to wake up, because if they keep screwing around, eventually it wont be April itll be July and time wont be on their side.

He gets it. We all got it. He was making a joke because it was right there to be made, and it was funny.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
His meltdown should be directed at the team in private. It shouldn't be a meltdown just to get people from talking about how bad the team is. He could do both, I suppose, but he absolutely needs to do the first.

Thank you.

Distracting the media really doesn't make the team pitch, field and hit.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
Hilarious. It's like you're considering these paid professionals to be children on a little league team.

Come on brother - you've got an entire thread to go parade criticism.

Don't bring that here man.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
Come on brother - you've got an entire thread to go parade criticism.

Don't bring that here man.

I tried to keep it out of this thread, but that was just an absurd thought. Don't boo them because it might basically hurt their feelings? GTFO.

And to be honest, I don't understand why there should be a thread completely devoid of discussion and arguments for the sake of keeping it wholly "optimistic", especially when every "pessimistic" thread is filled with people trying to tear down the basic idea of the thread.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
And to be honest, I don't understand why there should be a thread completely devoid of discussion and arguments for the sake of keeping it wholly "optimistic", especially when every "pessimistic" thread is filled with people trying to tear down the basic idea of the thread.

The point is this: someone who is optimistic will never be convinsed of a pessimists perspective and visa versa. It's just good for butting heads - nothing else.

I've got no clue why people who are taking an optimistic point of view are even viewing - let along responding to - the stuff in the doom thread. There's no point in trying to sway others or be critical towards people who don't share their views. I suggest we all just let each other be and be chill.

Unless there is some ego based need to stir up s***... Than carry on ( that's for all you who are talking s*** in the other thread. ) I refuse to even read that stuff over there :P

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
The point is this: someone who is optimistic will never be convinsed of a pessimists perspective and visa versa. It's just good for butting heads - nothing else.

I've got no clue why people who are taking an optimistic point of view are even viewing - let along responding to - the stuff in the doom thread. There's no point in trying to sway others or be critical towards people who don't share their views. I suggest we all just let each other be and be chill.

Unless there is some ego based need to stir up s***... Than carry on ( that's for all you who are talking s*** in the other thread. ) I refuse to even read that stuff over there :P

I'm going to state my differing viewpoints as much as possible on a message board. There is no meaningful discussion otherwise, and that is the entire point of a message board.

A thread entirely devoted to optimism you will have two posts: one stating the reasons for optimism and hundreds that basically just say "agreed". The same applies to pessimistic threads.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
I'm going to state my differing viewpoints as much as possible on a message board. There is no meaningful discussion otherwise, and that is the entire point of a message board.

A thread entirely devoted to optimism you will have two posts: one stating the reasons for optimism and hundreds that basically just say "agreed". The same applies to pessimistic threads.

agreed

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
GO TO HELL

Thanks for stirring the pot... Oh... wait... you're right... This is a message board, your rightful place to come and express your differing points of view. The only thing that's good for is boasting your ego. Grow up man.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
Thanks for stirring the pot... Oh... wait... you're right... This is a message board, your rightful place to come and express your differing points of view. The only thing that's good for is boasting your ego. Grow up man.

Obvious sarcasm, guy. Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to blow up immediately after I just made a post about having healthy arguments and discussion?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Look, jerk. You already got on my bad side by not dropping a perfect plex on Val Kilmer. Let's not take this to the next level.

He was Doc Holliday, Iceman, AND Batman. The dude would have no problems wrecking my s*** if I crossed his path. Ain't no way I'm doing that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
He was Doc Holliday, Iceman, AND Batman. The dude would have no problems wrecking my s*** if I crossed his path. Ain't no way I'm doing that.

So I was trying to quote Milkmans original quote to you and I accidentally edited it, ha. So what you quoted isn't what he originally said, sorry about that. :)