The GREAT Daniel Hudson

macsandz

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
So I saw Hudson had a twitter, so I decided to tweet him that Sox fans wish he was still on the roster. He actually replied back:

That's awesome. And I hope he continues to stick it to KW, Cooper and the rest of the sox org.

Why is hudson so great? Where is a GIO Gonzalez thread?

Gio >>>> Hudson

We actually got a decent return if you compare the swisher trade.

Edwin Jackson(Zach Stewart, Unloading of Teahens contract) >>> 2008 Swisher(Wilson Betimit, Jeff Marquez and Jhonny Nunez)

A gio gonzalez tracker would be more appropriate.

Hudson has a near 4 era in the NL. Who cares about that guy?

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
Why is hudson so great? Where is a GIO Gonzalez thread?

Gio >>>> Hudson

We actually got a decent return if you compare the swisher trade.

Edwin Jackson(Zach Stewart, Unloading of Teahens contract) >>> 2008 Swisher(Wilson Betimit, Jeff Marquez and Jhonny Nunez)

A gio gonzalez tracker would be more appropriate.

Hudson has a near 4 era in the NL. Who cares about that guy?

I don't think anyone would disagree with you about Gio>Hudson. But Hudson is still young with great peripherals. He is gonna be a stud, and we would have had him for a long time for very little money.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
I don't think anyone would disagree with you about Gio>Hudson. But Hudson is still young with great peripherals. He is gonna be a stud, and we would have had him for a long time for very little money.

There is nothing that suggests Hudson is going to be a "stud"

Doesn't mean he wont be a good pitcher, but people REALLY need to let it go.. hes gone, hes never coming back, move on..

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
There is nothing that suggests Hudson is going to be a "stud"

Doesn't mean he wont be a good pitcher, but people REALLY need to let it go.. hes gone, hes never coming back, move on..

I've been saying this for months. People act like a f***ing trade in professional sports is giving them physical pain every time the guy pitches well. He's gone. Deal with it. It's just baseball.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 01:08 AM)
I've been saying this for months. People act like a f***ing trade in professional sports is giving them physical pain every time the guy pitches well. He's gone. Deal with it. It's just baseball.

If you guys hearing/reading about it then don't f***ing read this thread.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)

You came in the Dan Hudson thread, what the hell were you expecting?

I don't like the constant bellyaching about it, but I do enjoy keeping up with Hudson's exploits in Arizona.

Let me ask this question though...how would we all feel about this deal and the series of deals that have recently occurred if Stewart ends up being similar in effectiveness to Hudson?

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
cool story bro.. wanna edit your post so it makes sense?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:42 AM)
You came in the Dan Hudson thread, what the hell were you expecting?

This. And yes, my post made really no grammatical sense, but you guys have no logic to come in a thread like this and complain. I'm not going to go into the UFC thread and say that I hate watching UFC.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
I don't like the constant bellyaching about it, but I do enjoy keeping up with Hudson's exploits in Arizona.

Let me ask this question though...how would we all feel about this deal and the series of deals that have recently occurred if Stewart ends up being similar in effectiveness to Hudson?

I would give major props to KW for finding a way to salvage the initial trade. Now, you could take into accounts the amount of money we spent on EJax during his time here compared to what Hudson would have cost, but atleast he got rid of Teahen's contract too to help balance that out.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
What's funny is that this thread was started by someone talking s*** about Hudson and his awful start to the season.

Perfect example of someone being swayed by sample size ( *cough* Kenny and his staff *cough*).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)

If Stewart comes out and gives us a sub-4.00 ERA as a starter in a year or two, then I'd still hate this trade, and I'd count Stewart for Jackson and Teahen as one of Kenny's biggest trade wins.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
If Stewart comes out and gives us a sub-4.00 ERA as a starter in a year or two, then I'd still hate this trade, and I'd count Stewart for Jackson and Teahen as one of Kenny's biggest trade wins.

So if Stewart ends up as good or better than Hudson the initial trade would still bother you?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
So if Stewart ends up as good or better than Hudson the initial trade would still bother you?

Either way, the Hudson/Jackson trade was bad. However, KW would then deserve credit for the Jackson/Teahen for Frasor/Stewart swap.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
Either way, the Hudson/Jackson trade was bad. However, KW would then deserve credit for the Jackson/Teahen for Frasor/Stewart swap.

There you go.

He gets a good middle of the rotation starter, relief help, and clears $10 million out of Jackson when he has 2 months left on his contract? That's a great move if Stewart can pull that off. Hell, it's a good move even if Stewart does very little.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
There you go.

He gets a good middle of the rotation starter, relief help, and clears $10 million out of Jackson when he has 2 months left on his contract? That's a great move if Stewart can pull that off. Hell, it's a good move even if Stewart does very little.

Well that's fine. A GM should be judged by his entire body of work (barring some clear pattern from very good decisions to very poor decisions) and not one trade.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
Well that's fine. A GM should be judged by his entire body of work (barring some clear pattern from very good decisions to very poor decisions) and not one trade.

It's how guys like Wren, Epstein, etc build their reputation. They may make a move that doesn't work out, but they know how to use the resources they have to recover from such moves.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
It's how guys like Wren, Epstein, etc build their reputation. They may make a move that doesn't work out, but they know how to use the resources they have to recover from such moves.

like the bobby jenks signing :P

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
like the bobby jenks signing :P

Pretty much, every GM will make a mistake, probably atleast once per season/offseason. It's the moves that they do to limit the amount of hurt that mistake does to the team that makes the GM great.

It's like a hitter, they will slump at some point in the season, their success level tends to be how well they limit those slumps.