White Sox @ Detroit Tigers, 3:10 PM, Fox

iamshack

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Morel, yeah. Morel is 14th worst. AJ is the next worst, as the 35th worst player in baseball. Beckham is 42nd worst.

But Morel is not a "qualified player" yet this year, so he doesn't show up on the list.

The funny thing is that we were 5th in runs scored coming into today, STILL.

Living off the first 9 games, but these last 12 games have been among the worst streaks in White Sox history in terms of offensive ineptitude.

But it's not even the offense, it's the fact that our defense has let us down so many times this season (along with the closers) that we should still be over .500 and right in the thick of things. When things aren't going well hitting-wise, you have to do the little things to win, and we're failing miserably in that area, from bunting to defense to stolen bases.

Pierre is getting more than his share of the blame, but it's going to start finding its way to every member of the team besides Konerko, Buehrle, Quentin and Vizquel.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
The funny thing is that we were 5th in runs scored coming into today, STILL.

Living off the first 9 games, but these last 12 games have been among the worst streaks in White Sox history in terms of offensive ineptitude.

You're right, just reviewed the Sox's schedule...from games from April 1-9 the Pale Hose scored 59 runs. Since April 10th, the Sox have only scored 38, with 9 of those coming off the win in Tampa this week. That's almost a quarter of those runs in one game. Talk about extremes here.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Am I the only one here that still thinks we get a W today?

If they stop them here and put up 3 runs next inning, then I'm a believer.

Edited by MuckFinnesota

Adsmittedly tyhis offesnive and defensive display are becoming very hard to take. I think when Penny was coming nto this game his ERA was aropund 8 plus and now he has a no-hitter throuhg five. This is just terrible baseball

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
Who would have ever predicted coming into year that Quentin and Beckham would be only respectable defensive players?

Hey! Konerko's saved at least two or three balls in the dirt today that should have resulted in the runner advancing to 3B.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Who would have ever predicted coming into year that Quentin and Beckham would be only respectable defensive players?

Our only players who have been above average according to UZR is Konerko (but UZR doesn't work well for firstbasemen) and Quentin. Everyone else is either below average (Pierre, Rios, Beckham, Alexei, Morel), or not qualified yet (Teahen, Vizquel, Lillibridge).

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
I'd like to see Frank Thomas come back and he a hitting coach for this team. Seeing Mark McGwire in the dugout for the Cards made me think of it.

At this point, is Walt Hrniak available?!?!?

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Anyone have on of those memory erasers from Men In Black for Gordon can forget everything Walker has told him?

At this point, you fire Walker with the hope of salvaging Beckham's career. I don't care if hitting coaches don't make a difference, but why not try before you eventually give up on Beckham after another 1,000 ABs.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Our only players who have been above average according to UZR is Konerko (but UZR doesn't work well for firstbasemen) and Quentin. Everyone else is either below average (Pierre, Rios, Beckham, Alexei, Morel), or not qualified yet (Teahen, Vizquel, Lillibridge).

Beckham's been very good this year defensively.

Something really has to give with this team right now and Morel being demoted is not it.

I see nothing positive to look for except maybe Quentin and Konerko.

Enough with Greg Walker you would think at some point he would ask to be reassigned or something.

This is a bad team that is getting lucky from time to time to win a game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
At this point, you fire Walker with the hope of salvaging Beckham's career. I don't care if hitting coaches don't make a difference, but why not try before you eventually give up on Beckham after another 1,000 ABs.

I'm not sure they make much of a difference either but it sure as hell is clear that Walker sucks at helping hitters make adjustments.