White Sox @ Detroit Tigers, 3:10 PM, Fox

iamshack

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
Q: Are the white sox soon to be old, forgotten news in Chicago until if/when they actually start winning??

They were the 4th story on the sports news last night. While the Bulls are still playing, they'll own the city.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People hate losers and with this team already six out, I can't imagine anybody caring much about the White Sox, who as we all know, have a somewhat limited fan base to begin with.

Even Ozzie won't garner much news. I think he's too embarrassed right now to give much to the press to work with.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
What was worse, this team so far or the Andy Gonzalez 2007 era?

In my mind, this one , by a LONG shot.

I had some serious expectations for a good start with this team. When we showed that we were hitting right at the start, it was a welcome change from years past. But now...I am lost for word to explain why this team got so bad, so fast.

I looked at this team from spots 1-25, and thought, "Man...a tad weak on the bench, and the closer spot may be an issue, but otherwise we have a pretty strong shot this year."

Looking at them play now, I'm not sure what I saw.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
I wonder if FOX is going to switch to the Sox/Tigers game as soon as this Giants game ends.

The STL/CIN game went to a rain delay, so they switched to Giants/Braves, but I think they may rather show a blank screen then show this s***ty Sox/Tigers game.

LOL, they decided to just show some highlights and kill time until the umpires said they could play again. Haha, I wish Penny still had the no-hitter so I could actually see how bad this team looks.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
In my mind, this one , by a LONG shot.

I had some serious expectations for a good start with this team. When we showed that we were hitting right at the start, it was a welcome change from years past. But now...I am lost for word to explain why this team got so bad, so fast.

I know it won't happen, but this team is truly playing like a team that ends up getting their manager fired. It comes out flat, has terrible at bats, can't field, and then crawls into a hole when they're down. Heck, I don't even blame Ozzie for all but about 3 players on this team sucking.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
I know it won't happen, but this team is truly playing like a team that ends up getting their manager fired. It comes out flat, has terrible at bats, can't field, and then crawls into a hole when they're down. Heck, I don't even blame Ozzie for all but about 3 players on this team sucking.

Over/under on how many more games until Ozzie quits on this team?

QUOTE (OilCan @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
Over/under on how many more games until Ozzie quits on this team?

who cares...not like him quitting on the bullpen 10 days ago fired up the team. It's been a long time since I saw a team have so many players slump.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
who cares...not like him quitting on the bullpen 10 days ago fired up the team. It's been a long time since I saw a team have so many players slump.

True Fathom.

Maybe it would take Ozzie getting fired for the team to either fire themselves up (which will be sad if that's the case) or otherwise.