White Sox @ Detroit Tigers, 3:10 PM, Fox

iamshack

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
According to WAR, Carl Crawford is the worst player in the MLB this year.

Rios if the 5th worst, and Pierre is the 7th worst. Lol, that's sooooo bad. And then there is Quentin who has been the 7th BEST player in baseball this year.

And Beckham and Morel have to be closing in on them.

Beckham did have the best at-bat of anyone so far today, but obviously he's struggling just like everyone else in the line-up.

Hopefully we're not talking Gordo being in the bottom 5 of the MLB OPS numbers again at the end of June...if Rios and Dunn don't pull out of it soon, you just don't know where you'll get any offense besides Konerko, Quentin and Ramirez.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
Thank you Dunn for coming off of your steroids before joining this team. Overpaid.

Never heard one rumor about him being on steroids. Konerko and him are typically thought of as two of the cleanest players. Right now, he just can't hit the ball. He'll still end up with 35-40 homers and a lot of walks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
Never heard one rumor about him being on steroids. Konerko and him are typically thought of as two of the cleanest players. Right now, he just can't hit the ball. He'll still end up with 35-40 homers and a lot of walks.

I'll hold you to that statement (35-40 homers) and a ton of walks. Hopefully he gets 100 RBIs too.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
so we're looking at being 6-7 games out by May.. lmfao.

That's possibly optimistic. There is a report on twitter that says Peavy felt soreness taking off the microphone after his interview today. :lolhitting

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
so we're looking at being 6-7 games out by May.. lmfao.

Well, the Twins are in the process of finally passing us today and the Yankees in NYC loom.

Hard to see it turning around soon.

5 1/2 games back if things continue like this today.

One thing's for sure, they're not going to get over 25,000 for any of those Orioles weekend games.

Of course, Brady Penny's now throwing 95 MPH for the Tigers. Figures. Let's see how long he stays healthy.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
No, the worst game was when they screwed it up against Tampa Bay and had five runs scored against them in the ninth to lose.

We hit great that game and Crain looked fantastic. That team played with a lot of confidence.

I really don't know whether to be pissed or just laugh. You'd think at some point that these guys would be embarrassed...hell you have other team's announcers mocking them like they did in Tampa. I really don't know what to say at this point...so I'll probably say nothing which is probably best. All I do know is I need to just walk away from these dipsticks and check back at the end of may as to whether I want to cancel my Extra Innings and invest any more emotion. If heads don't roll soon...I'll lose all respect for JR. What a lifeless POS team...and they've been this way for the past 3-4 years.

I want to put it on the players (which it should be)...but if you have a bunch of lifeless, clueless coaches...who is held accountable?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
That's possibly optimistic. There is a report on twitter that says Peavy felt soreness taking off the microphone after his interview today. :lolhitting

I mean, did anyone really expect Peavy to pitch before June? Hell, I'm not even optimistic he'll return at all.

It's one setback after another.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
And Beckham and Morel have to be closing in on them.

Beckham did have the best at-bat of anyone so far today, but obviously he's struggling just like everyone else in the line-up.

Hopefully we're not talking Gordo being in the bottom 5 of the MLB OPS numbers again at the end of June...if Rios and Dunn don't pull out of it soon, you just don't know where you'll get any offense besides Konerko, Quentin and Ramirez.

Morel, yeah. Morel is 14th worst. AJ is the next worst, as the 35th worst player in baseball. Beckham is 42nd worst.

But Morel is not a "qualified player" yet this year, so he doesn't show up on the list.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
I really don't know whether to be pissed or just laugh. You'd think at some point that these guys would be embarrassed...hell you have other team's announcers mocking them like they did in Tampa. I really don't know what to say at this point...so I'll probably say nothing which is probably best. All I do know is I need to just walk away from these dipsticks and check back at the end of may as to whether I want to cancel my Extra Innings and invest any more emotion. If heads don't roll soon...I'll lose all respect for JR. What a lifeless POS team...and they've been this way for the past 3-4 years.

I want to put it on the players (which it should be)...but if you have a bunch of lifeless, clueless coaches...who is held accountable?

For the first time in this Ozzie/KW era, I'd say...All. All of the coaching/managing people have GOT to go. I don't care if it's early anymore.

I demand RESULTS. And I'm not getting them.

Fire them all. Except for whatever reason, Don Cooper. Good pitching coaches are hard to come by.

Edited by OilCan

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)

I didn't know you could cancel Extra Innings...? I was tempted before when I lived in the US, but I never actually tried to cancel because I still enjoyed watching other teams play.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
I didn't know you could cancel Extra Innings...? I was tempted before when I lived in the US, but I never actually tried to cancel because I still enjoyed watching other teams play.

At this point if I had EI I'd watch me some Albert Pujols, some Yanks baseball, Rockies baseball or whatever else than this softball team we have on the south side.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)

According to Cox I can...If they give me any crap I'll just claim I didn't sign up for automatic renewal! ;)

Plus...I pay it in installments.

Edited by Wanne