White Sox @ Detroit Tigers, 3:10 PM, Fox

iamshack

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
Not a chance. Cora gets the job.

Cooper has never managed at any level.

Do you think Cora will be any good? Also, didn't I hear from someone that he's going to leave if they fire Ozzie?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cora replaced Ozzie, I hope it's interim. No need in handing over the keys with a 2-year contract.

As for 2005 doing more harm than good, I understand the thought, but no.

Still, no excuse for not making changes when they're needed. If this s*** keeps going for another few weeks, they might have to do something.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
According to Oney, Cora wouldn't accept the job.

Awesome...I'd take Buddy Bell at this point. Cora does nothing to show he deserves anything more than a clubhouse attendants job. The low baseballIQ is attributable to everyone on this team.

The pitchers I will give a pass with as they saw this s*** last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
Huh?

He's made it be known that his desire is to eventually be manager. This is 100% my personal opinion, but I always found it interesting he never looked for another pitching coach position. Thus, I wondered if maybe he thought he'd be next in line for Sox job.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
Still, no excuse for not making changes when they're needed. If this s*** keeps going for another few weeks, they might have to do something.

Come on guys, you're smarter than this.

Evaluation time 1 every season is Memorial day. Deadline for legit consideration of trades is at earliest mid-June.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
Can I just blame Edwin Jackson?

Anyway, it'd really help if the team would catch the ball.

You could and that would be the correct thing to do, but if you tend to blame Walker when the Sox hitting goes south, you should blame Cooper when the pitching goes. Jackson didn't pitch very well but he didn't get any help from his defense today . Pierre made a terrible play even though he may have the error changed, and on the triple, while it would have been a good play, Rios took a route a cartoon character would have taken to that ball. These runs in the 6th were on Ozzie as it was quite obvious Jackson was out of gas.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
.307 was the team's average for the first 9 games.

Obviously, it's a lot lower overall now after 21 games.

Hitting .251 coming in to today, good for #6 in the AL.

.709 team OPS, good for 8th in the AL.

AL average is .247 and .711.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
You could and that would be the correct thing to do, but if you tend to blame Walker when the Sox hitting goes south, you should blame Cooper when the pitching goes. Jackson didn't pitch very well but he didn't get any help from his defense today . Pierre made a terrible play even though he may have the error changed, and on the triple, while it would have been a good play, Rios took a route a cartoon character would have taken to that ball. These runs in the 6th were on Ozzie as it was quite obvious Jackson was out of gas.

Jackson's stuff has been awful since the 120 pitch outing in the home opener. That move to leave him in that long sure paid off. He's given up a ton of hits in his last few outings.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
Come on guys, you're smarter than this.

Evaluation time 1 every season is Memorial day. Deadline for legit consideration of trades is at earliest mid-June.

I'm a June 1 evaluater, but if they go 5-15 the next few weeks, uh...enough might be enough.

Not trades, but sending down guys, firing Ozzie, Walker...

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
Awesome...I'd take Buddy Bell at this point. Cora does nothing to show he deserves anything more than a clubhouse attendants job. The low baseballIQ is attributable to everyone on this team.

The pitchers I will give a pass with as they saw this s*** last year.

I think things would be worse under Cora or Buddy Bell than Bevington.

What is ONE thing Bell has done since coming over here that's led to any positive results from our minor leaguers?

Cooper might be a disaster, but at least it would be interesting. With Cora or Bell, it's just more of what we've already seen for a decade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
Hitting .251 coming in to today, good for #6 in the AL.

.709 team OPS, good for 8th in the AL.

AL average is .247 and .711.

Perhaps you should take over for Ozzie. The clubhouse would love you with your glass half full attitude.