White Sox vs. Detroit 12:10 on WGN

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The midget completely outmatched on that 95 MPH heat. Gone. Game pretty much over. Man if we get swept outta town by a team with no talent we are hitting rock bottom early this year.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Ozzie's not even trying anymore. I can't believe he let Lillibridge bat there.

I can't believe more people aren't calling for his head. He's just going through the motions now.

Well I wonder what the fallout is going to be this year when the marketing campaign "All In" with a s***ty team doesn't put asses in the seats. Hard to justify the salary when the team takes a few months off every year because of asshole puckering syndrome.

Danks hasn't ever gotten run support by his teammates, hard to blame him too much when you're pitching with no margin for error.

46-47 career, 3.9+ ERA.

Is that worth $75-100 million? Not to the White Sox.

We better beat the Yankees ONCE before facing Sabathia on Thursday or we'll be 8-18.

Colon on Thursday, Nova on Wednesday, probably Burnett tomorrow. AJ's the type of pitcher we normally light up, but who knows these days.

Caught stealing coming up on Pierre?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
Danks hasn't ever gotten run support by his teammates, hard to blame him too much when you're pitching with no margin for error.

46-47 career, 3.9+ ERA.

Is that worth $75-100 million? Not to the White Sox.

His ERA since his rookie year is 3.56, and that's been while pitching in a big pitcher's park.

It's not worth 7/$120 to the White Sox, but that's the going rate for this caliber of pitcher.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
His ERA since his rookie year is 3.56, and that's been while pitching in a big pitcher's park.

It's not worth 7/$120 to the White Sox, but that's the going rate for this caliber of pitcher.

Because we are going to replace him and Jackson, and Buerhle with what? I keep peeking down in that farm of ours and things look a bit bare.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Because we are going to replace him and Jackson, and Buerhle with what? I keep peeking down in that farm of ours and things look a bit bare.

If this team keeps hitting like this, it won't matter. The answer will be "Humber, Sale, whoever we draft this year, and whoever we get back for trading away Danks, Quentin, Konerko, and Thornton".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)

Then they're going to have to start charging $50 for upper deck tickets or they won't ever be able to afford him.

Danks simply isn't the kind of player who puts fannies in the seats like a Braun or Fielder.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Then they're going to have to start charging $50 for upper deck tickets or they won't ever be able to afford him.

Danks simply isn't the kind of player who puts fannies in the seats like a Braun or Fielder.

The Sox could afford him if they got off their tails and started playing baseball, rather than putting up zero's every day.

There's plenty of room for revenue growth for this team right now, their ballpark has a ton of available seats, but they're flat out not earning ticket sales right now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 07:10 PM)

Or an Adam Dunn.

Oh wait.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Not that I'm saying that it should happen, but if they lose this game and get swept or lose three of four to the Yanks, I got a feeling that either Walker or Ozzie is going to get whacked.

Before any of that happens, someone will get sent down. Walker and Ozzie are immortal and cannot be fired. So here is your formula.

1.) A rookie send down, or someone released.

2.) Angry tirade.

3.) Team meeting.

4.) We score 9 runs in a single game.

5.) Everyone declares the season saved because the bats woke up.

6.) Then we get combination press releases/Hawk/Rongey talking about how every member of the sox managerial staff works harder than anyone, and that the issue is with the players.

7.) Then we get the pressure is hard to play with routine.

8.) Inevitably we lose a close one and Hawk screams about some phantom missed umpire call, or crooked strikezone attemping to advert attention.

9.) We start to play the NL and start winning again. Hawk declares all is well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Much like every year, prior to the season I think man this team is good. Then we play and I think man this team is bad.

This team got me this year. I was confident coming out of ST that they would be good.

Then they get destroyed on the field. Same routine, different year, players shuffle in and out and same result.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Not that I'm saying that it should happen, but if they lose this game and get swept or lose three of four to the Yanks, I got a feeling that either Walker or Ozzie is going to get whacked.

Changing Walker out won't matter.

I think the first consideration is whether a managerial change BEFORE a possible firesale is going to make any difference...to me, it's worth a shot.

You'd hate to see them go down this season without trying everything possible.

KW knows that the Twins are only 1/2 game ahead of us...this NY series and how we respond will be a key determinant of how things go for the rest of the season. If we just lie down like we have for the last 13 games, it doesn't bode well for this season.

Last year's run is almost a negative here (in terms of creating any sense of urgency), because there's the magical belief we can just magically turn it on again simply because a once a decade run happened last year.