fire walker

lord chas

It's taken quite a few years, but it seems that the vast majority of posters here are finally in agreement that a member of the coaching staff and/or front office needs to hit the chopping block.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
I don't see how. This isn't football when you can just cut someone who isn't playing satisfactorily. These guys have guaranteed contracts and if you're going to talk about "meaningful" than names like Beckham and Viciedo and Vizquel and Teahen better not be uttered next...

But whatever - move some silly pieces around and willfully ignore the fact that no matter what the roster turn over, we go through ENTIRE TEAM slumps, get baffled by rookie pitchers, and it's always too cold in April-June to hit the f***ing ball consistently for now the 5th year in a row.

- Walker is first to show/last to leave

- "Small ball" our way to an inspired team

- Players play, not coaches

blahblahblah...

In the name of the Kenny, the Ozzie, and the Walker......Allin.

:lol:

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
I'd rather see DeAza playing than Pierre....wouldn't care if Beckham went down to AAA for a spell...wouldn't care if Lillibridge got released and Milledge came back up and Rios went to the bench. It's a damn shame that Jordan Danks can't hit.

Its a damn shame that apparently most of the team can't hit, or field or get anyone out.

It will turn around.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
I'd rather see DeAza playing than Pierre....wouldn't care if Beckham went down to AAA for a spell...wouldn't care if Lillibridge got released and Milledge came back up and Rios went to the bench. It's a damn shame that Jordan Danks can't hit.

Love the new avatar. LOL

Hypothetically, If Ozzie were fired, would it be big enough change to promote Cora as interim manager? If not Cora, then who can fill in immediately? It's getting to the point where there needs to be a jolt to this team to wake them up. I'm not sure firing Walker would make that much of a difference if Ozzie is no longer able get things back on track. I really wish they would start a long, long winning streak.

I think I say this every year(since it's brought up every year) but I don't necessarily think that Walker is the problem but it can't hurt to fire him. A lot of times moves like this can get a team fired up, even if it's only for a week or so that could make a difference, might as well try.

I wish it wasn't true but I think Ozzie is the problem. The GM doesn't like him and I don't think the players do either. Players will seldom rip their manager especially seeing what happens when you do. What happens? Ask Bobby Jenks, Orlando Cabbrerra, Magglio Ordonez, Nick Swisher,etc................Oney lurks too.

Edited by since56

Beckham's up for good.

His minor league days are done.

It's sink or swim up here. He's been streaky so far with the Sox. He'll certainly get hot again.

Though streaky hitters appear to be the Sox norm on Team Inconsistency.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
It's pretty shocking that people still defend Walker. Of course, their arguments usually boil down to either:

1) Our offense won't get any better with someone else

or

2) Don Cooper is overrated

Konerko's pretty high on him, as is Q. Just saying.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 03:47 AM)
Konerko's pretty high on him, as is Q. Just saying.

Written into their contracts is a "Phrase Greg Walker Clause."

It states that if they give him high marks when being interviewed, that each of them gets a 500K bonus... yearly.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:39 AM)
In all actuality...10-15 isn't all that bad for how completely horses*** this team has played.

Not to mention the blown save extravaganza that went on earlier in the month..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:11 AM)
Not to mention the blown save extravaganza that went on earlier in the month..

yep - if the bullpen and defense had been shored up then we'd be what... 16 - 9?

We'd be at least .5 up on the tribe.

That's good mojo.