Dunn

oldsox

Adam Dunn again had a chance to save the Sox tonight.

Bases loaded with nobody out I believe. Close game.

He again strikes out.

How many times can this guy fail? I didn't notice on TV how many boos he got for that stellar at bat.

He should have been booed off the field.

I mean guys ... how long are we going to wait before we deem this guy an utter failure??

He is as bad a hitter as I've ever seen.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)

He again strikes out.

How many times can this guy fail? I didn't notice on TV how many boos he got for that stellar at bat.

I mean guys ... how long are we going to wait before we deem this guy an utter failure??

A hell of a lot longer than 1 month.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)

He again strikes out.

Did you not learn anything last year? Do you not realize that performance can fluctuate? I'm not happy with the way the guy is playing either, but I doubt he is going to suddenly turn in to "as bad a hitter as I've ever seen."

Do you think his career numbers are a hoax? That he wasn't really producing those numbers, but no one ever noticed because they weren't watching? And only now, that a bloodhound like yourself is on the scent, has he been discovered for the tremendous fraud that he is?

I swear, some of you have the attention span of a goldfish.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:39 AM)
Lol. This s*** is hilarious. I dominated the off-season with my "pessimism". Now I'm not even in the top 10 for most pessimistic posters.

I don't mind pessimism...it's sheer ignorance that pisses me off.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:29 AM)
Did you not learn anything last year? Do you not realize that performance can fluctuate? I'm not happy with the way the guy is playing either, but I doubt he is going to suddenly turn in to "as bad a hitter as I've ever seen."

Do you think his career numbers are a hoax? That he wasn't really producing those numbers, but no one ever noticed because they weren't watching? And only now, that a bloodhound like yourself is on the scent, has he been discovered for the tremendous fraud that he is?

I swear, some of you have the attention span of a goldfish.

What do you have against goldfish?

Dunn was a horrible acquisition. Way too much money. Eddie got himself into a terrible negotiating position. If he had to give up that much money, he should have just walked away. Even if Dunn hits like he did last year or two, given his age, you know his productivity would decline during this four year contract span. Then, we gave up a #1 draft choice to boot.. Dunn is the first aging slugger to lose it overnight. Eddie got outsmarted by Dunn's agent.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
What do you have against goldfish?

Dunn was a horrible acquisition. Way too much money. Eddie got himself into a terrible negotiating position. If he had to give up that much money, he should have just walked away. Even if Dunn hits like he did last year or two, given his age, you know his productivity would decline during this four year contract span. Then, we gave up a #1 draft choice to boot.. Dunn is the first aging slugger to lose it overnight. Eddie got outsmarted by Dunn's agent.

Eddie? What the heck are you talking about?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
Everybody knows Eddie Einhorn runs the show.. lol. I have no idea what he's talking about.

If that is what he thinks, he really must be old, because Einhorn hasn't had any sort of an active role in the team since something like the 80's, maybe early 90's.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
If that is what he thinks, he really must be old, because Einhorn hasn't had any sort of an active role in the team since something like the 80's, maybe early 90's.

Just to clear things up...

Our manager is Ozzie Guillen, our General Manager is Kenny Williams, our Assistant General Manager is Rick Hahn, and the President of the White Sox is Jerry Reinsdorf. Yes I know it seems strange, but both of those guys who used to be players, now work for the team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Just to clear things up...

Our manager is Ozzie Guillen, our General Manager is Kenny Williams, our Assistant General Manager is Rick Hahn, and the President of the White Sox is Jerry Reinsdorf. Yes I know it seems strange, but both of those guys who used to be players, now work for the team.

Thanks. I like to see former players back with the team. Walker is another former player back with the Sox as is Harold and Joey. Heh, this is a great organization IMO

Would I be a bad fan if I blamed many of our offensive problems on high-paid, low-producing Dunn?

If he had had a decent April, just a f***ing decent April, we wouldn't be 10 out already.

He has had plenty of key RBI situations and FAILED.

Oh I forgot, he's all screwed up because of the appendectomy. Maybe I'm cruel for blaming him when he had that problem. All I know is he's sucked and the team offense also has sucked. If he was hurt I'd rather have had him sit out all the games or do a minor-league rehab rather than him resemble a big dung pile.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 1, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
Would I be a bad fan if I blamed many of our offensive problems on high-paid, low-producing Dunn?

If he had had a decent April, just a f***ing decent April, we wouldn't be 10 out already.

Oh I forgot, he's all screwed up because of the appendectomy. Maybe I'm cruel for blaming him when he had that problem. All I know is he's sucked and the team offense also has sucked. If he was hurt I'd rather have had him sit out all the games or do a minor-league rehab rather than him resemble a big dung pile.

Dunn's .623 OPS is the 4th highest among White Sox starters.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:17 AM)
Dunn's .623 OPS is the 4th highest among White Sox starters.

I don't care what his OPS is. He has had the chance to win us games

and failed repeatedly in RBI situations. My eyes tell me that. I watched

those f***ing games.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2011 -> 02:02 AM)
I don't care what his OPS is. He has had the chance to win us games

and failed repeatedly in RBI situations. My eyes tell me that. I watched

those f***ing games.

There are about 17 other guys that had a chance to win some games for the White Sox too. Looking at a team that has lost 12 of 15 games and singling out the poor performance of one player is stupid. There are about 5 guys I'm pretty happy with thus far - Konerko, Lillibridge, Ramirez, Humber, and Santos.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 1, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)

The whole team has not produced. And to me it doesn't matter how much someone gets paid. Whether it's a guy getting paid $1 million of $12 million, failing to get a hit or strike someone out or whatever they're supposed to do is equally responsible.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
How do you go from worshiping a failing Bobby Jenks last year, to ripping

You can't pick and choose like that, it's stupid.

Survey Says!

"2005 World Series"

/lame family feud joke

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 2, 2011 -> 02:39 AM)
There are about 17 other guys that had a chance to win some games for the White Sox too. Looking at a team that has lost 12 of 15 games and singling out the poor performance of one player is stupid. There are about 5 guys I'm pretty happy with thus far - Konerko, Lillibridge, Ramirez, Humber, and Santos.

Mind if I ask why on that one? I mean, I know he hasn't been horrendous like he normally is this early in the season, but I don't think he's been particularly good.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)

:lolhitting

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
Survey Says!

"2005 World Series"

/lame family feud joke

Show me potato salad!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 2, 2011 -> 07:39 AM)

QUOTE (T R U @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
Hey greg, what kind of life do you live? Because if you get this anal over one month of baseball I wonder what goes on with you when an actual real life problem happens to you..

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 2, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)

First point: I am confused when people say, 'How do you pick one guy to get on?'

Well, I am mad at a lot of Sox players but on this day I chose to bash Dunn. That's all. I mean that strikeout with the bases loaded and nobody out at that time reminded me what a piece of crap he's been. That's all. I could bash other guys; I just didn't at that time.

Second point: The 'what kind of life do you live' argument is weird. Yes I'm pissed my favorite team is sucking big dog. I don't think about my anger toward these overpaid bastards every minute of the day, however. I can watch the Bulls and all that and be happy and be happy about other things. So shoot me for being very mad about the Sox April/may 1 faceplant.

Third point: In worshiping Bobby I also pointed out many times that I'd like to see any of our guys try to close on a daily basis. Bobby actually was pretty damn reliable. Yes last year he blew more saves than normal for him. Pick and choose?

Is it too much to ask Dunn to have gotten some big hits in April and help us avoid a month of hell?

I hope my Jenks comments doesn't spur some big Jenks discussion. Yes he sucks this year and has been booed by Boston fans. Yes he is fat and he's not the answer anymore. I just decided I wanted to stand up for him. People have favorite players, you know.

Edited by greg775