Dunn

oldsox

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 2, 2011 -> 01:39 AM)
There are about 17 other guys that had a chance to win some games for the White Sox too. Looking at a team that has lost 12 of 15 games and singling out the poor performance of one player is stupid. There are about 5 guys I'm pretty happy with thus far - Konerko, Lillibridge, Ramirez, Humber, and Santos.

Poor Quentin.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
Third point: In worshiping Bobby I also pointed out many times that I'd like to see any of our guys try to close on a daily basis. Bobby actually was pretty damn reliable. Yes last year he blew more saves than normal for him. Pick and choose?

Is it too much to ask Dunn to have gotten some big hits in April and help us avoid a month of hell?

I hope my Jenks comments doesn't spur some big Jenks discussion. Yes he sucks this year and has been booed by Boston fans. Yes he is fat and he's not the answer anymore. I just decided I wanted to stand up for him. People have favorite players, you know.

Hahah cmon, you did not in any way shape or form point out that other people should be closing over Jenks. You were behind him 100% no matter how bad he was.

I love Jenks (look at my damn username) and was probably the funnest part of games from 05-08, but he wasn't at all reliable for the last 2 years and is doing even worse now.

Sticking up for players is one thing, blindly hating or loving a player based on horrible logic is another.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
Hahah cmon, you did not in any way shape or form point out that other people should be closing over Jenks. You were behind him 100% no matter how bad he was.

I love Jenks (look at my damn username) and was probably the funnest part of games from 05-08, but he wasn't at all reliable for the last 2 years and is doing even worse now.

Sticking up for players is one thing, blindly hating or loving a player based on horrible logic is another.

Agreed Jenksy, watching Jenks pitch was electric. Still remember that 1-0 win over Cardinals in 2006 when he was throwing 99mph to Juan Encarnacion. On the bright side, it's getting pretty damn fun watching Santos.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2011 -> 05:56 PM)
Agreed Jenksy, watching Jenks pitch was electric. Still remember that 1-0 win over Cardinals in 2006 when he was throwing 99mph to Juan Encarnacion. On the bright side, it's getting pretty damn fun watching Santos.

It's pretty damn fun to watch Jenks pitch again too, especially now that he's doing it for the Red Sox.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)

No, I pointed out that if Jenks was to be replaced as closer, I wouldn't expect that person to save any more percentage of games than Bobby did.

What's wrong with blasting Dunn?

He has sucked.

I don't think anybody wants me to go through all the other guys I think have sucked.

QUOTE (Be Good @ May 3, 2011 -> 04:38 AM)
Not that this has anything to do with this thread but I wish I could cut Dunn from my fantasy teams. I wouldn't even regret it if he turns it around, which i'm sure he will at some point.

He's killed my teams as well. Two of my three teams have Mr. Whiff.