What would you do if you ran the White Sox?

oldsox

First thing I would do is put Pierre, Rios, and Dunn on the DL. Bring up three from the minors. Those guys need to sit for a while and stay away. In two weeks, re-evaluate each.

The second thing I would do would be to fire somebody. Sacrificial lamb, accountibility, whatever.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First I would flip the order completely. Because why not?

Then I'd call up John Franco to see if he wanted to pitch because he couldn't be worse than Ohman, right?

Then I'd talk to scientists about cloning Carlos Quentin so the entire offense would become even more inconsistent.

Then I'd kidnap Hanley Ramirez, paint him with white face, and call him Henry Smith.

Then I'd get a hot Italian sandwich.

Then I'd talk to Carlton Fisk about coming out of retirement to be the first player/coach since Pete Rose.

Then I'd remember that I hadn't fired Ozzie yet.

Then I'd fire Ozzie.

Then I'd bring in Sir-Mix-A-Lot and MC Hammer in to be motivational speakers for the team.

Then I'd break up the fight that Sir-Mix-A-Lot and MC Hammer got into.

Then I'd have a Zeppelin filled with Hydrogen fly over the stadium before the game.

BAD IDEA BAD IDEA

Then I call the fire department.

Finally, I'd give away sauerkraut and sausage to the first 10,000 people that came to the next home game. It would be a thank you for the fans who stuck around while the team stunk.

I'd trade Pierre, Ohman and Pena for each of my minor league buddies/prospects in other systems. (some suck, some don't) I'll trade A.J. for Jose Lima's wife for a year. I'll trade for Gio, Fowler, McCutchen and Kershaw and sell my sister, female cousins, girlfriend and mother.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
I would tell Sale to pack his bags and move to Charlotte for the rest of the year. No sense continuing to hinder his progress while this ship is sinking. May as well try and salvage the future.

Some decent ideas in here.

I agree on Sale. Make him a starter in minors, now.

I would see if Joe Torre is interested in managing the rest of the year and bring him aboard now, in time for the Yankee series.

I fear the Sox can't afford to pay Torre what he'd need to return. He's got to be bored doing whatever he's doing now.

If we can't get Torre, I'd start trading anybody who makes a big buck. Paulie, Mark, etc

Normally I wouldn't be in favor of "rebuilding" but the Cell is going to be empty anyway after the Yankees have their way with us.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
I fear the Sox can't afford to pay Torre what he'd need to return. He's got to be bored doing whatever he's doing now.

Supposedly both Torre and MLB are quite happy with the job he's currently doing in MLB front offices.

I'd hope I could find some rational thoughts on what's become a really reactive and irrational message board that sometimes shows signs of being an intelligent grouping of baseball knowledge. Then I'd realize that if there's a rough stretch, everyone wants someone fired, just so the team can keep doing the same thing, with a different over-paid, face in the locker room.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Why does the play of 2007 through 2010 not impact how we are supposed to feel about this team.

Slumps I understand but how does a team go 10 out of 11 games without getting baserunners?

Come on, something is amiss here.

I was unaware that we just lost 10 perfect games.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
There will be tumbleweeds blowing through this site come July.

So? I don't care about this site, I care about whats on the field.. This is just a great place (most of the time) to talk about the Sox, but some people make it unbearable.. Maybe those will be the ones who are gone!

If they are done then they can dismantle or do whatever in July.. I still don't know why people want people fired right now and people traded/released whatever in fn April.. there are a LOT of things that can happen, and if they are still a failure come late June-July, then yeah I expect changes to be made.. but until then they deserve a chance to right the ship with the "All-In" mentality that went into this year..