Rios arms/hands position

joeynach

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 05:39 AM)
Jesus were the ESPN guys gushing over Rios tonight saying he really doesn't know how good he really is. In all actuality it's true. He's got all the tools...it'd be nice if he'd get his head outta his arse and put it together.

You are correct and Rios did get hit a real liner to left for a hit. I am expecting him and otehrs to pulll out of this soon

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
I can read the first part, but the second part is garbage. A guy is lazy because he goes into long slumps? There are players that have year long slumps. Plus "watching a game" can only tell you so much about a guys work ethic. That stuff is doing mostly in the weightroom, the videoroom, and on the practice fields. We don't really see any of that stuff. Judging it by a slump is just crazy if you ask me.

It's not like this is the first time it has happened. I'm also not talking about watching a game I'm talking about watching practice. Also, you keep avoiding the issue, people have claimed he has lousy mechanics for years, mechanics can be fixed.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Not when they play on the road, I live in Cleveland

So let's hear some details, because the only thing I can find in 5 pages of google is angry Blue Jays fans. Nothing from real reporters, and nothing at all from his time Chicago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
So let's hear some details, because the only thing I can find in 5 pages of google is angry Blue Jays fans. Nothing from real reporters, and nothing at all from his time Chicago.

It's a chat site big fella, hard to emperically prove that someone is lazy. You've heard my details as best as I can report them. I go to every game when they are in-town. Can report several things, 1) PK is one of the greatest reps of our team, he's friendly, talks to fans, takes the most pitches (other than Dunn this year) and he and Walker spend a lot of time talking behind the cage, 2) Brent Lillibridge might not have all the talent in the world, but he runs hard in warm-ups and spends a lot of time humping it. 3) pertinent to this topic, like Ozzie, who spends his time looking around the stands for people he knows and generally grab-assing rather than coaching, Alex takes a couple pitches in the cage and spends most of his PT doing nothing either in the field or in the cage. Again, limited experience set, but pretty sure there is something to the hunch.

Additionally, as I just asked, if his mechanics stink, which you don't seem to be arguing, seems like something he could work-on to fix, either now, or in the off-season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)

All I know is that we all heard the rumors of Rios not maximizing his potential in Toronto. Whether it's work ethic, mechanics, whatever....he has yet to put it all together and become the annual 30/30 guy that he can be.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
I can read the first part, but the second part is garbage. A guy is lazy because he goes into long slumps? There are players that have year long slumps. Plus "watching a game" can only tell you so much about a guys work ethic. That stuff is doing mostly in the weightroom, the videoroom, and on the practice fields. We don't really see any of that stuff. Judging it by a slump is just crazy if you ask me.

Agree

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
or that he plain stinks .... I also don't blame Walker for Rios, he just has an awful work ethic. How many MLB seasons can a guy be hyped before people realize that he's plain lazy? The guy's a bum, but we're the suckers who bought his contract, so shame on us.

Rios does have the talent to be an all-star type player every year, but it's not like he's tanked completely in every season he's played so far. He was good last year, he was bad in 09, and he had good years from 06-08.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
For the love of the game. FOR THE LOVE OF MY VOMIT

That one that came out within the last few years, I think it was Mr. Brooks, wasn't that bad. But anything that involves Dane Cook being killed is alright in my book.

I'm sure I'll get s*** for saying this, but Bull Durham wasn't even that great. It was a love story with the backdrop of a baseball movie, and all it's really done is provide douchey "baseball" quotes that will never go away.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
That one that came out within the last few years, I think it was Mr. Brooks, wasn't that bad. But anything that involves Dane Cook being killed is alright in my book.

I'm sure I'll get s*** for saying this, but Bull Durham wasn't even that great. It was a love story with the backdrop of a baseball movie, and all it's really done is provide douchey "baseball" quotes that will never go away.

Major League was far superior to Bull Durham, even if it had a sorta similar plot