White Sox (Floyd) v. Yankees (Nova) 6:05pm

Reddy

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:39 AM)
I thought I read somewhere that Gordon decided to screw with his swing after his first season to try and get better at hitting breaking balls and just hasnt been the same since.

He's a mental midget who would call Greg Walker every day apparently after his rookie year to ask Walker if he thought he could make it in the big leagues. That's why once he started struggling last year, the s*** hit the fan.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
Yeah, that's working wonders with Beckham.

small sample sizes are fun.

Really though, for once I want to see this team go over slot on ANY kind of f***ing talent. But I know it's a pipe dream, what with the Selig/Reinsdorf relationship. Bud Selig is bad for baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
He's a mental midget who would call Greg Walker every day apparently after his rookie year to ask Walker if he thought he could make it in the big leagues. That's why once he started struggling last year, the s*** hit the fan.

holy unsubstantiated rumors batman!

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
small sample sizes are fun.

Really though, for once I want to see this team go over slot on ANY kind of f***ing talent. But I know it's a pipe dream, what with the Selig/Reinsdorf relationship. Bud Selig is bad for baseball.

Small sample size? Beckham's been in a slump seemingly 75% of his time here. Good thing for him is that when he gets hot, he racks up the hits or else his average would be in the low 200s.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
That was discussed on here quite often last year, and by other posters closer to the situation.

There are a lot of things discussed on the internet with "people close to the situation." Like I heard Obama was a secret Muslim commie who was born in....

see what I mean? I have a hard time believing a guy is a mental midget when he joins a big league team less than a year after college and is able to stick in the big leagues.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:46 AM)
There are a lot of things discussed on the internet with "people close to the situation." Like I heard Obama was a secret Muslim commie who was born in....

see what I mean? I have a hard time believing a guy is a mental midget when he joins a big league team less than a year after college and is able to stick in the big leagues.

You just learn to trust certain people. Beckham's uncertain frame of mind was referenced numerous times by Walker in radio interviews, as they kept mentioning how he needs to believe in himself.

Edited by fathom