White Sox (Buehrle) v. Yankees (Tub O' Goo)

Reddy

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
I don't understand why Teahen isn't playing 3rd or LF. Need to get his bat in the lineup right now. Pierre is just a pile of suck, yet he never gets a day off.

He's our leadoff hitter and he steals bases and he is grindy and he is fast and he is grindy and grindy and he is fast..

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
Pierre might be the most scrutanized .260 hitter and rightfully so. This guys has been terrible in clutch situations so far.

He was even worse with RISP the first two months last season.

I think he had one hit in those situations out of maybe his first 20 opportunities...something like two RBI's total.

Edited by caulfield12

I don't know what to say about Gordo anymore but I really had high hopes for him this year after his second half before the hand injury etc. He is just absolutely horrible right now. I wonder what he was doing back in 2009 that he's not doing now. Maybe he was just reacting back then but now he seems to be thinking SO MUCH up there that it's painful to watch.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
Teahen is garbage too... it really speaks to how pathetic this offense has been that we're asking for Mark f***ing Teahen.

His has some talent and Colon is a good mat-up for him.

When is Guillen going to do something with the players that are doing anything at all (Pierre and Beckham).

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
I don't know what to say about Gordo anymore but I really had high hopes for him this year after his second half before the hand injury etc. He is just absolutely horrible right now. I wonder what he was doing back in 2009 that he's not doing now. Maybe he was just reacting back then but now he seems to be thinking SO MUCH up there that it's painful to watch.

They all seem stunned that Colon's not throwing any off-speed pitches. Waiting on it, but not getting it. Outguessing themselves.

He's just throwing two-seam fastballs one after another at 93-95 and not mixing in any offspeed stuff.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
Although I do have to say I would absolutely adore Teahen starting in right and Omar starting at 3rd and leading off. 1-2 hitters right there.

Vizquel would wear down if you played him that extensively and Teahen's probably worse than Quentin in RF.

No thanks.

The only good thing about this is PERHAPS Teahen wouldn't be trying to steal and getting thrown out as often as Pierre.

Maybe things are turning around with Dunn.

Yankees' announcers have the idea he's struggling because he hasn't adjusted to DHing after playing in the NL for so long.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
haha sometimes it's good not to watch.

And looking it up, Juan is 5 of 15 with 2 outs and RISP. Wouldn't believe it at all.

He came through multiple times I believe during the first two games against the Indians when we scored like 67 runs. Don't be fooled. He's bad.