White Sox (Buehrle) v. Yankees (Tub O' Goo)

Reddy

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Vizquel would wear down if you played him that extensively and Teahen's probably worse than Quentin in RF.

No thanks.

The only good thing about this is PERHAPS Teahen wouldn't be trying to steal and getting thrown out as often as Pierre.

Maybe things are turning around with Dunn.

Yankees' announcers have the idea he's struggling because he hasn't adjusted to DHing after playing in the NL for so long.

Meant left field for Teahen and I'd let Omar prove that he would wear down because Juan is killing this team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
Yankees' announcers have the idea he's struggling because he hasn't adjusted to DHing after playing in the NL for so long.

He's struggling cause he's diving so far out over the plate, his head is moving an insane amount and he's losing the ball at about 55 feet. It's why when he does make contact, he's hitting a lot of lazy pop ups to left field.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Meant left field for Teahen and I'd let Omar prove that he would wear down because Juan is killing this team.

Still, with our pitch-to-contact staff, having Teahen (aka Kevin Reimer/Josh Fields) in LF and Quentin in RF, he'd let just as many runs in as he'd create offensively.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:51 AM)
Still, with our pitch-to-contact staff, having Teahen (aka Kevin Reimer/Josh Fields) in LF and Quentin in RF, he'd let just as many runs in as he'd create offensively.

Yeah, cause Pierre has been amazing in LF.

Our hitters just have no plan at the plate. Did Konerko really not think he was going to get all sinkers with a man on base? I laughed when Farmer thought our hitters would have an advantage cause a lot of them played with Colon on the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
He's struggling cause he's diving so far out over the plate, his head is moving an insane amount and he's losing the ball at about 55 feet. It's why when he does make contact, he's hitting a lot of lazy pop ups to left field.

Which is what hitters do when advanced scouting reports say they're having trouble catching up with the fastball.

He's overcompensating?

Just a guess, I haven't been able to watch him at the plate since after the appendectomy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
Off-topic, but what the hell has gotten into Jeff Francoeur? I used to love making fun of him.

I think he is finally starting to show his promise, now he will go 0-26 since I said that. :lolhitting

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
Our hitters just have no plan at the plate. Did Konerko really not think he was going to get all sinkers with a man on base? I laughed when Farmer thought our hitters would have an advantage cause a lot of them played with Colon on the Sox.

:chair

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)

It's not like Juan has been a great outfielder this season TBH and if you remember some KC highlights of a couple years back, Teahen probably would have the strongest outfield arm on the team, not to mention with Rios in CF at our park you can deal with some subpar D at the corners, and in 2007, Teahen's only full season as a right fielder he posted a 9.4 UZR.. not exactly bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:52 PM)
Yeah, cause Pierre has been amazing in LF.

Well, if that's the plan, just stick Viciedo in LF and let Vizquel lead off, playing either 3B for Morel or 2B for Beckham.

It doesn't matter. Or stick Ramirez at the top of the line-up to get him more fastballs.

I would say Rios but not with how he's going now.

Having watched Teahen try to play 2B and RF in KC, I'd rather have Lillibridge in the line-up (as an outfielder) than Teahen.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
Well, if that's the plan, just stick Viciedo in LF and let Vizquel lead off, playing either 3B for Morel or 2B for Beckham.

It doesn't matter. Or stick Ramirez at the top of the line-up to get him more fastballs.

I would say Rios but not with how he's going now.

Having watched Teahen try to play 2B and RF in KC, I'd rather have Lillibridge in the line-up (as an outfielder) than Teahen.

Lineup positioning simply does not get people more fastballs.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
What is Gordo's problem?? He seems to be starting way late and secondly it seems he's thinking WAY too much up at the plate. At some point the guy just needs to react like he did in 2009 and we got a #2 hitter...ughhh

Remember when Sox fans, myself included, wouldn't have traded Gordon for anything outside of Pujols? Yeah, I miss those days.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
Remember when Sox fans, myself included, wouldn't have traded Gordon for anything outside of Pujols? Yeah, I miss those days.

Yep, now he's the Gordon Beckham of the 1st half of 2010 once again and it's ugly...I am starting to have serious concerns whether or not he'll make it as a big leaguer now, really

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:58 AM)

Interesting that Smoak and Brett Wallace have flown past Beckham this year, as they were in the same draft and were guys we were interested in.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
What is Gordo's problem?? He seems to be starting way late and secondly it seems he's thinking WAY too much up at the plate. At some point the guy just needs to react like he did in 2009 and we got a #2 hitter...ughhh

His stance looks different, swing mechanics has changed. I would venture that he has been "fixed".