White Sox (Buehrle) v. Yankees (Tub O' Goo)

Reddy

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 01:01 AM)
His stance looks different, swing mechanics has changed. I would venture that he has been "fixed".

The entire front office, from KW to Ozzie, better get fired if they don't fire Walker and they underachieve this year. This offense is terrible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Interesting that Smoak and Brett Wallace have flown past Beckham this year, as they were in the same draft and were guys we were interested in.

I would venture to say that you have those two players developed under our system and they are not the same.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Yep, now he's the Gordon Beckham of the 1st half of 2010 once again and it's ugly...I am starting to have serious concerns whether or not he'll make it as a big leaguer now, really

You're really not alone on that thought. He really needs to be send down for a while.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Yep, now he's the Gordon Beckham of the 1st half of 2010 once again and it's ugly...I am starting to have serious concerns whether or not he'll make it as a big leaguer now, really

Sometime before I die a highly touted White Sox prospect will come up and dominate from day one. I'm thinking 2018.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
You're really not alone on that thought. He really needs to be send down for a while.

Either Beckham needs to get sent down or Walker needs to get fired for sexual harassment because he has raped Gordon's chances of getting a hit.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 01:03 AM)

With Beckham, you have to start wondering if his spot on the big board for 2012 comes into question? He's still a zero tool player into his 3rd year in the majors.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)

Do you really think that he is going to develop under what we have down there. What go down to AAA and crush some of the Felix Diaz's of the world in that bandbox.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 01:03 AM)
Sometime before I die a highly touted White Sox prospect will come up and dominate from day one. I'm thinking 2018.

Josh Fields dominated with his power during his rookie year...and then acted like he had never seen a pitcher his next year.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
Do you really think that he is going to develop under what we have down there. What go down to AAA and crush some of the Felix Diaz's of the world in that bandbox.

All I know is Gordo comes up and tears the cover off the ball within a few weeks of being on the team. Then Walker gets into his head, changes his entire swing, and now he's got like 2243 thoughts in his head up there and he can't even kick up his leg until the ball is nearly by him cuz he's thinking so much.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
All I know is Gordo comes up and tears the cover off the ball within a few weeks of being on the team. Then Walker gets into his head, changes his entire swing, and now he's got like 2243 thoughts in his head up there and he can't even kick up his leg until the ball is nearly by him cuz he's thinking so much.

I don't think we have someone down there that is responsible for fixing people. How does one explain fundamentally flawed swings like Anderson and his hitch, and guys with high strikeout rates like Danks getting pushed past AA. THe entire point of our minor league system is to look good so we can trick someone into taking our guy for something of value. The idea of development from within is foreign. Why do you think that we rushed the last two decent prospects through the system.