White Sox (Buehrle) v. Yankees (Tub O' Goo)

Reddy

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
Do you really think that he is going to develop under what we have down there. What go down to AAA and crush some of the Felix Diaz's of the world in that bandbox.

As opposed to stinkin' it up up here?!?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
As opposed to stinkin' it up up here?!?

And replace him with whom. Do you really think that Omar and/or Lillibridge is anything but limited exposure is a good thing. If Omar was good enough to start someone would pay him to start. And outside of some nice fine catches, Lilli is the 25th man on your roster. They need to fix this and fix this now. Sending anyone to our minor leagues is a recipe for failure.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
I don't think we have someone down there that is responsible for fixing people. How does one explain fundamentally flawed swings like Anderson and his hitch, and guys with high strikeout rates like Danks getting pushed past AA. THe entire point of our minor league system is to look good so we can trick someone into taking our guy for something of value. The idea of development from within is foreign. Why do you think that we rushed the last two decent prospects through the system.

Pretty much sums it up.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:16 AM)
Aside from murdering someone or statutory rape, is there anything Greg Walker can do to lose his job?

Oh please, what he's done to our young hitters the last 5 years is way worse than murder.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Sometime before I die a highly touted White Sox prospect will come up and dominate from day one. I'm thinking 2018.

They didn't dominate but Konerko (if you count him as Sox prospect), Lee and Ordonez were all good pretty much right off the bat. Ordonez wasn't great his rookie year but was damn good from his 2nd year on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
How many times this year have we had 9 straight batters retired, etc?

Remember back in '06 when the 8-9-1 trio of Uribe/Anderson/Pods was the 'take a dump inning' and not miss a thing? That's this entire lineup right now aside from PK and CQ.

Fartolo isn't this good. He has no breaking ball today and the fastball isn't over powering even though he's moving it around a bit. This is just another classic offensive disaster from our team and we need a new hitting coach, NOW.

If we fired Walker who is available we can replace him with?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
Remember back in '06 when the 8-9-1 trio of Uribe/Anderson/Pods was the 'take a dump inning' and not miss a thing? That's this entire lineup right now aside from PK and CQ.

And they still had the ability to make it interesting. I think I would take Uribe/Anderson/Pods hitting right now over every 3rd of our lineup other than Alexei/Q/Konerko

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
They didn't dominate but Konerko (if you count him as Sox prospect), Lee and Ordonez were all good pretty much right off the bat. Ordonez wasn't great his rookie year but was damn good from his 2nd year on.

True. But I'm greedy. I want a Longoria, Posey or McCutchen.

Edited by Jordan4life