cwsox

IlliniKrush

espn radio was talking about henson for a little while recently

i was just wondering what your thoughts are about him, it's an interesting topic i think

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but if you don't mind I will share my humble opinion.

For starters, you can't blame him for choosing professional baseball over football, he said baseball was his favirote sport, so I respect him for following his heart.

With that said he screwed over Michigan by leaving a year early, Henson and Terrell together as seniors would have been an awesome duo, and the defense was improved from their junior seasons, so perhaps that would have been a great season.

Now that Henson is a terrible baseball player both in the box and on the hot corner, it is time to bring his lethal arm back under center. The Yankees do not have a place for him next year, and his trade value is s***. It is time for him to go to the NFL.

I am not sure how NFL rules work. But if a team only owns you rights for a year, then i think henson should play out the remainder of the season, then he could be drafted higher in the draft next year. Money is not a problem though, because of his baseball contract.

All in all, I hope he finds his nitche in football, because it would be a shame to see such a stellar athlete slip into oblivion

If Henson can get out of his NYY contract, this is what he'll probably do. If the Texans don't sign him, he goes back ion the draft. He will attempt to scare away all potential drafting teams by having outrageous contract demands. If successful in his attempt, he'll be an undrafted free agent and can sign with whoever he chooses. And.. I think Boras is his agent, so they'll probably pull this off.

Henson was the best pure qb I ever saw play in college.

There is an interesting coincidence that as Henson approached his senior season, the same person who gave the money to build Steinbrenner Indoor Football Facility at Ohio State offered Henson a great deal of money to leave Michigan.

I can't blame Henson for leaving for that money but in allowing himself to be bought off by OSU's richest fan, he is not too high in my pantheon of favorite UM qbs and I don't wish him ill will but I have no good wishes in particular for him as a UM player trying to make it somewhere. His loss in 2001 cost us a couple of games and that was the difference in that season - which included the rare OSU win over UM. Steinbrenner got what he paid for - as always.