Hello, this is J4L

Jordan4life_2007

I've been posting here for years. And some usernames are easy to, like, know the meaning of. Rowand44? That's pretty easy to figure out. Can somebody explain to me what a Kalapse is? Or like a Knightni? Is he a Knight Rider fan? Was does Tru mean? He didn't pick those letters for nothing. What does JPN mean? What the hell does Jeckle mean? lol. I mean he's not here anymore. Maybe somebody knows? I want everyone to explain their user names in which the meaning is not obvious. I've been obsessed with this for years.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when I played MMO's, I need a character name. So, I made this crappy formula.

A=N

B=O

C=P

D=Q

E=R

F=S

G=T

H=U

I=V

J=W

K=X

L=Y

M=Z

Take my name, Daniel, and you get:

Qnavry. That sounded weird, so I added the vowels U (because of the Q-U rule in English) and I, moved the R and V to get Quinarvy.

Nerdy, I know, but it's unique and I like it.

tru is just true

back when i did e-fedding my character was named Perfect, so I had my AIM name as tru perfection for the people I needed to contact for it.. so most people just referred to me as tru when talking to me or mentioning me in OOC fashion..

I was slightly hammered one night and asked in a post what would be a good new user name for me. I threw out a few suggestions, and shipps took the liberty of creating one for me...combining the suggestions I tossed out there. Now I like the name.

waaaay back in 1996 when I went to college I had to make a siu.edu email address when I went to school, and it had to have at least 2 numbers in it. 23, for obvious Chicago sporting related reasons, was my favorite number, but Kyle23 was already taken. So I added another Y to my email address. I have kept that email address through yahoo and multiple sites and never seem to have to worry about it being taken already

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
I've been posting here for years. And some usernames are easy to, like, know the meaning of. Rowand44? That's pretty easy to figure out. Can somebody explain to me what a Kalapse is? Or like a Knightni? Is he a Knight Rider fan? Was does Tru mean? He didn't pick those letters for nothing. What does JPN mean? What the hell does Jeckle mean? lol. I mean he's not here anymore. Maybe somebody knows? I want everyone to explain their user names in which the meaning is not obvious. I've been obsessed with this for years.

Pssh, my name is creative as it gets.

I started here as J.Reedfan8 when Jeremy Reed signed a ball for me when I went to a Barons game a few years back (cousins live in Alabama) and when I was getting into prospects. Then he got traded with Olivo/Morse for Freddy and I had to think of something quick to change it to. (though Row and Willie told me to keep the name to preserve, but didn't want to) 4 gin shots later, I came up with the "clever" name of this one.

Edited by SoxAce

Hmm, well mine is sort of a mixture of a few things....

"Capn" is what I shortened "Captain Obvious" down to, about....20+ years ago when I first started 'creating' usernames for different things.

"12" is from 3 different things. 1) I was actually 12 years old when I started being obsessed with gaming of all kinds, and 2) from a well known NES game called Faxanadu. One of the places you go during the game, is to see the ever ominous "Circle of the Twelve". Faxanadu is the first game I was really obsessed with, and 3) 12 is just my favorite number.

Chances are, if you see a "Capn12" or a "Circleo12" on any message board/website/forum, it is me.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 08:02 AM)
Started posting on the espn boards back in 99 or 2000. My favorite teams were the White Sox and Seattle Sonics. Then I just "cleverly" changed the spelling of Sonics. Carried the name over to here. It's still my user ID over at espn too.

I see what you did there...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)

I know that Knightni is a reference to the Knights who say NI!

The only mystery to my name is the extra X in Soxx. Same deal as KYyLE — I tried registering the name on the old MLB White Sox board back in 2000 but there was actually already a FlaSoxJim with one X registered so I added the second X. I don't believe I ever saw a single post from the impostor FlaSox which sort of ticked me off, but I've grown used to the mis-spelling.

Joe is my name, my mother thinks I'm cool, "joecool" was taken back in 2001 or whenever I started using message boards, so I added a "man" to it. Some sites needed a number added, so my favorite number is 24, so therefor it was JoeCoolMan24. Nothing to do w/ Crede like most people think.

And I use this username for literally everything. If you google this username, there is a 99.9% chance it's me. Even my college username is JoeCoolMan24. lol

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 04:11 AM)
I was slightly hammered one night and asked in a post what would be a good new user name for me. I threw out a few suggestions, and shipps took the liberty of creating one for me...combining the suggestions I tossed out there. Now I like the name.

What was your original name?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 04:53 AM)
I started here as J.Reedfan8 when Jeremy Reed signed a ball for me when I went to a Barons game a few years back (cousins live in Alabama) and when I was getting into prospects. Then he got traded with Olivo/Morse for Freddy and I had to think of something quick to change it to. (though Row and Willie told me to keep the name to preserve, but didn't want to) 4 gin shots later, I came up with the "clever" name of this one.

Where is Willie. Haven't seen him around here in forever.