White Sox vs. Yankees 4/28 Thread

Brian

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
The Indians suck and you're delusional if you think they'll keep it up and be healthy. Oh and they can't pitch for s***.

Their pen is intriguing to me.

and who in the AL Central is going to challenge them at this point.

Brad Penny came down to earth.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
You should have heard MLB Network raving about Orlando Cabrera last night saying how he's a winner. Unfortunately, Joe Cowley was unavailable to comment.

Their commentary was good but I thought it was a little overblown.

They are not that good but the AL Central is brutal. .500 may win the division.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)

kitties swept by the lowly mariners -- tells you how bad we've been playing.

look, no one expects the Sox to play this bad for much longer. you're starting to see some signs that the worm is turning. I'm excited about the starting pitching, for one thing. And it seems the pen is bouncing back from its woes. Just have to ride out this f***ing infuriating offensive drought.

Thing is, the Sox have more talent than the Indians (on paper), but if this offense continues to slump and Indians offense continues to pound the ball, you start to worry that the 10-15 game lead they have will require a huge run by the Sox to get back into contention. The offense is showing absolutely no signs of breaking out of the 3 week slump.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)

Do you really think Sizemore will stay healthy? Do you really think Haffner will stay healthy? Do you really think OCab is is any good?

The White Sox are still going to win the central. I'd bet it if I wasn't paing rent/car loan/student loan/ etc.etc.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
kitties swept by the lowly mariners -- tells you how bad we've been playing.

look, no one expects the Sox to play this bad for much longer. you're starting to see some signs that the worm is turning. I'm excited about the starting pitching, for one thing. And it seems the pen is bouncing back from its woes. Just have to ride out this f***ing infuriating offensive drought.

This is the exact same thing we have seen in previous years. Pitching to contact with s***ty defense and giving away at-bats is something that is the norm.

Remember a couple of weeks ago when the talk was how the Sox are not giving away at-bats. Now it seems that they are giving away a couple every inning.

There is no intensity with this team.

They should be winning games on talent alone. Eventually we have to question whether the talent is really there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
Thing is, the Sox have more talent than the Indians (on paper), but if this offense continues to slump and Indians offense continues to pound the ball, you start to worry that the 10-15 game lead they have will require a huge run by the Sox to get back into contention. The offense is showing absolutely no signs of breaking out of the 3 week slump.

Question: Did you think the Indians were going to be any good before the season started? If not, what has changed your mind?

Seriously, a correction is coming for both teams, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:30 AM)
Question: Did you think the Indians were going to be any good before the season started? If not, what has changed your mind?

Seriously, a correction is coming for both teams, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

No, but Sizemore/A. Cabrera have returned looking healthy. Sure their guys won't keep hitting .375, but Carlos Santana will improve his numbers also. Who do they have taking Carrasco's rotation spot?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
No, but Sizemore/A. Cabrera have returned looking healthy. Sure their guys won't keep hitting .375, but Carlos Santana will improve his numbers also. Who do they have taking Carrasco's rotation spot?

Soo Choo and Santana are the only players worth a damn on that team. Chizenhall might be good once they call him up to play third. Couldn't tell you much specifics about their rotation besides the fact that it's bad.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 01:35 AM)
Soo Choo and Santana are the only players worth a damn on that team. Chizenhall might be good once they call him up to play third. Couldn't tell you much specifics about their rotation besides the fact that it's bad.

So Sizemore isn't worth a damn? Hafner hasn't been bad at all the last two years either.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
I really wish we could get Viciedo's bat into the lineup against LHP. Our current lineup vs LHP is terrible.

I'm not a big Viciedo fan...so there's that.

I'm not a believer in the bat for this team. He needs to DH. Period. His glove costs you way too many runs. Plus, if Adam Dunn drives people nuts with the strike outs (and lots of walks) then Viciedo should be a demon to those people.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
So Sizemore isn't worth a damn? Hafner hasn't been bad at all the last two years either.

Sizemore used to be my favorite player to watch, but he just can't stay healthy. He really hasn't been good since 2007. Hafer is alwaysssss injured. He's been a shell of his former self since 2005/2006.