White Sox vs. Yankees 4/28 Thread

Brian

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Not often you see a team with 3 players that need to get benched (Rios, Beckham, Morel). That goes along with Pierre and Dunn being non contributors this year also. I've really never seen an offense struggle this badly.

Put Lillibridge in CF

Teahen at third

Omar at 2B

call up Viciedo and put him in left

leave it that way for the weekend

Do something, anything.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Not often you see a team with 3 players that need to get benched (Rios, Beckham, Morel). That goes along with Pierre and Dunn being non contributors this year also. I've really never seen an offense struggle this badly.

The players on this team aren't very talented despite what they're being paid and they are grossly mis-managed.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
CF: Granderson vs. Rios=Granderson

RF: swisher vs. CQ=CQ

2B: Cano vs. Becks= Cano

3B: A-Roid vs. Morel= Umm...

1B: Chaves vs. Konerko=PK

C: Martin vs. Castro=Martin

DH: Posada vs. Dunn=Dunn

LF: Gardner vs. Lilli=Push

SS: Nunez vs. Lexi= Lexi

Totals 4-4-1...so the Yankee scrub line-up IS NOT better. It's about the same :gosoxretro:

except that cano is the best 2b in baseball and aroid is in the top 3 at 3b so those two positions are routs

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
Put Lillibridge in CF

Teahen at third

Omar at 2B

call up Viciedo and put him in left

leave it that way for the weekend

Do something, anything.

Yeah, because Walker won´t ever get fired, the Sox could get shut out 10 straight games and his job won´t ever be at risk.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
Hard to say Sizemore can't stay healthy after he had the major surgery. If we rip on their players for being hurt, then how about Quentin and Peavy for us?

I wouldn't put Carlos in the same category as Peavy, he gave us one great year and at least played more than half the games the others.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)
All in? This team is a joke.

it's hilarious how many people here kept saying "It's only April"

yeah, that might be a legitimate arguement if this team didn't do this s*** every f***ing year, at some point you can't keep telling yourself it's just a coincedence that the team sucks at specific points of the year, like clockwork, even though we keep changing 2-3 players a year, f*** that noise. it's the coaching staff and the atmosphere they are providing to the players. i want coaches who not only do the coaching things properly (which i'm not sold they're doing), but guys who get our players in the right mindset to succeed if they're struggling

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
Hugs in the clubhouse.

it'd be awesome if swisher ran into the sox clubhouse and was all like

U MAD? and then started high-fiving his cardboard nick swisher cutout

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
At least Gray is giving them innings something that worthless piece of s*** pena could not do.

What a worthless f***.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but Lance Berkman over Dunn would have been nice.

I know Gray isn't the most talented guy but his mound presense is pretty good, he looks really calm out there like he doesn't give a f***

if you ask me, put him in Pena's place and use Pena if we're down 8 or something after 7 innings

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
I know Gray isn't the most talented guy but his mound presense is pretty good, he looks really calm out there like he doesn't give a f***

if you ask me, put him in Pena's place and use Pena if we're down 8 or something after 7 innings

Or just DFA Pena. There is absolutely nothing to gain by keeping him on the roster.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)

I really think Pena is DFA'd tomorrow or traded to St. Louis for a PTBNL

Give someone in AAA or AA with some sort of potential a chance to mop up games.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)
Or just DFA Pena. There is absolutely nothing to gain by keeping him on the roster.

oh no, dont get me wrong wite, DFA pena if they're willing to dump him for nothing, but when was the last time the Sox DFA'd a player making the kind of money he is? MacDougal made less didnt he?

if that's an option, then f*** yeah DFA him, or put him on the 60-day

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
Harry, why do you say Sizemore will get traded?

Becasue they are rebuilding and he will get them some nice pieces.

Hanging in there is not going to draw back fans they need to rebuild and if he gets healthy he will help them rebuild.

They may win the NL Central by default but the Angels, Rangers, Yanks, will mop them up like they do to the Twins every year.