The "Firm"

Jenksismyhero

So, my wife was interested in this stupid wedding that just happened. I was interested because that chick Kate is like a 10. I caught about 10 minutes of the coverage this morning before I left for work, and I had watched a little bit of the "history of/what to expect" programming last night. It just made me laugh and feel bad for the people that actually care. I guess I understand the angle of a woman being interested in a big fancy wedding. But I don't get the people who actually view the royals as important people. They hold a ridiculous amount of wealth in that country for having done nothing but be born into that family. There's a scepter they have that no one has touched but the Queen for like 100 years and it's got a 535 carat diamond worth a half a billion dollars. How is this s*** allowed? How is it celebrated? It's 2011! The revolution is over. The commoners won. Ugh.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
So, my wife was interested in this stupid wedding that just happened. I was interested because that chick Kate is like a 10. I caught about 10 minutes of the coverage this morning before I left for work, and I had watched a little bit of the "history of/what to expect" programming last night. It just made me laugh and feel bad for the people that actually care. I guess I understand the angle of a women being interested in a big fancy wedding. But I don't get the people who actually view the royals as important people. They hold a ridiculous amount of wealth in that country for having done nothing but be born into that family. There's a scepter they have that no one has touched but the Queen for like 100 years and it's got a 535 carat diamond worth a half a billion dollars. How is this s*** allowed? How is it celebrated? It's 2011! The revolution is over. The commoners won. Ugh.

This s*** is f***ing ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
So, my wife was interested in this stupid wedding that just happened. I was interested because that chick Kate is like a 10. I caught about 10 minutes of the coverage this morning before I left for work, and I had watched a little bit of the "history of/what to expect" programming last night. It just made me laugh and feel bad for the people that actually care. I guess I understand the angle of a woman being interested in a big fancy wedding. But I don't get the people who actually view the royals as important people. They hold a ridiculous amount of wealth in that country for having done nothing but be born into that family. There's a scepter they have that no one has touched but the Queen for like 100 years and it's got a 535 carat diamond worth a half a billion dollars. How is this s*** allowed? How is it celebrated? It's 2011! The revolution is over. The commoners won. Ugh.

Yeah, the family that held the throne when the monarchs lost most of their power really scored big. No threats to their claims and bankrolled for generations.

It's a cultural/historical thing would be my guess. They're a part of their past and a proud tradition.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)

you think she's a 10? To me, it looks like she's been smoking too much for too long. She has a smokers face.

Back to the subject, i think it has a far different meaning to the people of England then it does to the rest of the world.

I think a lot of countries had it right when they kept a monarchy but stripped the power. People in the country seem to want something to illustrate who they are.We even try to force it on the President and their family to host these diplomat meetings and be the country's hostess but it's too awkward and we'd probably be better served just to name a king to have all that crap.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
you think she's a 10? To me, it looks like she's been smoking too much for too long. She has a smokers face.

Back to the subject, i think it has a far different meaning to the people of England then it does to the rest of the world.

Maybe not a 10, since 10 would be perfection, but for sure a 9. She's got a beautiful smile and has a smoking body.

Welcome to the inadequacies of fame and fortune and the dating scene. Anyone that believes that a hottie like Kate would give a second glance to William in the real world is truly living in a fantasy world. Hey more power to him marrying Kate is winning.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
I think a lot of countries had it right when they kept a monarchy but stripped the power. People in the country seem to want something to illustrate who they are.We even try to force it on the President and their family to host these diplomat meetings and be the country's hostess but it's too awkward and we'd probably be better served just to name a king to have all that crap.

so you'd be ok with 75 million of our tax dollars going to pay for a Bush or Obama wedding? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I put the Royals on the same card as our national parks and monuments. Would you pay $75 mil to preserve the liberty bell, Freedom Hall, The Constitution . . .? The only difference is the royal family is a living, breathing monument to a very long and successful nation. In some ways it makes it even cooler.

We came close with the Bush Family Dynasty or BFD. Whenever they have an event we think bfd!

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
I put the Royals on the same card as our national parks and monuments. Would you pay $75 mil to preserve the liberty bell, Freedom Hall, The Constitution . . .? The only difference is the royal family is a living, breathing monument to a very long and successful nation. In some ways it makes it even cooler.

We came close with the Bush Family Dynasty or BFD. Whenever they have an event we think bfd!

Well all except for the fact, they aren't from here!

Lol:

royals.jpg

Of Pomp And Circumstance

Tommy Craggs — Of Pomp And Circumstance Look, I know you're sick of this, but I think it's worth noting even for the millionth time just what kind of big, dumb spectacle we all watched slackjawed on our stupid televisions: an overhyped and overproduced orgy of excess and inexplicable weeping presided over by a pious relic that perpetuates a bizarrely antiquated caste system and which in reality is little more than a celebration of forced marriage and the symbolic beginning of a lifetime of furious breeding.

That's it.

Honestly, f*** the NFL draft.

http://deadspin.com/#!5797122/of-pomp-and-circumstance

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Maybe not a 10, since 10 would be perfection, but for sure a 9. She's got a beautiful smile and has a smoking body.

She's a 10. And her sister is no slouch either.