GAME THREAD: Orioles @ Sox, 4/29, 7:10pm

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
I've never been a complete Kenny backer...but I don't see how anyone can put all the blame for this year's struggles on him. Almost to a man, this board was ecstatic with the offseason and thought Kenny did everything (or almost everything) he should have been doing.

The personnel moves were right....the fault lies with the players and the coaches. The time is now to get their s*** in order if we are to get back in the race.

Post of the season right here.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 03:37 AM)
I've never been a complete Kenny backer...but I don't see how anyone can put all the blame for this year's struggles on him. Almost to a man, this board was ecstatic with the offseason and thought Kenny did everything (or almost everything) he should have been doing.

The personnel moves were right....the fault lies with the players and the coaches. The time is now to get their s*** in order if we are to get back in the race.

His recent trades have been disasterous. It's left us with this bloated payroll. Of course the blame goes to everyone, but with Ozzie getting a lot of heat, KW is the one who's had a few hideous seasons in a row.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
Yeah, the season will be over by the middle of May. Haha. Well, this will probably DESTROY the franchise for many years. 126 million to lose 90 games.

2007 did half the damage, accompanied by the flameout to end 2006.

It ALMOST would have been better off if 2008 had never happened and they had started the rebuilding process then. (Thank god they won the Blackout Game or the Twins would be even more of a nightmare to think about).

KW just rolled snake eyes and got incredibly fortunate with Danks/Floyd/Quentin/Ramirez.

Unfortunately, he's made one bad move after another from that season to date.

can't really blame Kenny for this years struggles, these are all players we wanted in the off season

this is on the coaches & players, i can't f***ing wait until Kenny & Jerry are FORCED to have to fire people :D

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Please, please send Sale down to become a starter. This is such a waste with him right now.

This whole season is going to be a waste.

Life is too short to be bothered with this type of aggravation day in and day out.

We have no control over these events.

We can talk about them but they do not translate into material changes.

Imagine this team in the dog days of summer - yikes.

But of course, just about everyone recognizable on it will gone by then except the 3 stooges principally responsible.

The 3 biggest egos on this team are the chairman, the gm and the manager.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 03:43 AM)
With Ozzie sitting out tonight, it's clear to see he's not the problem of this team at all. So I believe it's time that everyone quit calling for his head.

You're right, a manager missing one game totally changes the fundamentals and approach of a team. I'm sorry Ozzie, I should have never blamed you for the 25 players that you supervise 160 games a season. Hey Sin, your boy Jenks is going to get run out of Boston soon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
His recent trades have been disasterous. It's left us with this bloated payroll. Of course the blame goes to everyone, but with Ozzie getting a lot of heat, KW is the one who's had a few hideous seasons in a row.

Some of it's bad luck with Dunn so far, but with Beckham/Rios/Sale/Peavy/Pierre/Jackson all foundering, it's just too much to overcome.

And the starting pitching just hasn't gotten any kind of consistent rhythm or momentum since the bullpen implosions. Buehrle, Floyd and Danks are what they are, and I guess Jackson's proven the axiom about being the kind of talent who will get numerous managers and pitching coaches fired.

About the only highlights are Santos, Quentin and Konerko.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
can't really blame Kenny for this years struggles, these are all players we wanted in the off season

this is on the coaches & players, i can't f***ing wait until Kenny & Jerry are FORCED to have to fire people :D

And which emotion prevails with you? This one, about firing people, or the one that the players "we wanted in the off-season" get things straightened out and then, once and for all, go and take this division which is still very much there for the taking.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)

COMPLETELY agree...this s*** isn't a coincidence they do this crap every year. I've seen more motivated girl scout troops selling cookies than our coaching staff. Yeah...Greg Walker, Joey Cora and Harold Baines...Tony Robbins they ain't.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
And which emotion prevails with you? This one, about firing people, or the one that the players "we wanted in the off-season" get things straightened out and then, once and for all, go and take this division which is still very much there for the taking.

i don't live life fleeting by with my emotions, i make decisions based on what I think to be true. and I think this team f***ing blows, even with the players that we all wanted, obviously something went wrong and figuring this happens every year no matter who the new players are that we bring in, i'm gonna point my finger at the coaching staff

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
Which player will come out first bashing Walker? The "job" he is doing is destroying the swings of too many players and will cost them dollars at best and careers at worst.

Boy you change your tune quickly. Just a couple days ago you were harping on people for overreacting.