GAME THREAD: Orioles @ Sox, 4/29, 7:10pm

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
I can't figure out what has happened with Beckham. He used to have a hitch but in general his bat speed made up for it and he was able to hit to all fields with authority. Now his swing is so mechanical and his posture is just awful that he has absolutely zero bat speed.

I don't know who decided to make the changes but imo, they were awful changes and I don't know how he can repair things on the fly. He needs some serious work. Maybe he can quickly reteach his muscle memory with his original swing but the hell if I know. I'm not involved in the discussions that led to these drastic changes to his swing.

He had a buggy whip to his swing when he was first drafted. He made a slight adjustment when he first came up and just hit. This swing doesn't even resemble his swing. So either he changed it on his own, and the coaching staff is asleep on the job. Or they changed it. Either way its terrible. He was a doubles machine when he first came up. Line drive and quick hands.

And Danks always pitches just not quite well enough to win.

I guess you can get away with giving up 3 runs to the Orioles, but giving back the 3-0 lead doesn't help. Then again, 2 runs are attributable to bad defense.

Seems there's always an excuse for something this season.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 02:24 AM)
I might be alone in this, but I get the feeling the Sox bats aren't all that far away from righting the ship.

It's hard to tell. Dunn looks better, as does AJP/Alexei/Teahen. We've gone over Beckham's struggles, and we're not seeing Rios tonight. Arrieta is the perfect pitcher for our hitters, as almost everything is hard.

And the Indians just made it back to 5-5 against Scherzer (Asdrubal Cabrera's 5th homer, 2 run shot).

I think you really do have to start considering them a real threat with that offense, and considering they haven't had Sizemore and Santana going together for most of that stretch where they're leading the AL offensively.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
I really, really hope we don't overpay him with a contract extension.

Danks is really good. He might be having a bad game, but every year he goes deeper into games. Guy is one of the best lefties in all of baseball.