GAME THREAD: Orioles @ Sox, 4/29, 7:10pm

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
It's hard to tell. Dunn looks better, as does AJP/Alexei/Teahen. We've gone over Beckham's struggles, and we're not seeing Rios tonight. Arrieta is the perfect pitcher for our hitters, as almost everything is hard.

I stand by what I saw in Glendale from Rios. Absolutely blistering the ball. So this funk doesn't worry me as long as he keeps his mind right.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
Danks is really good. He might be having a bad game, but every year he goes deeper into games. Guy is one of the best lefties in all of baseball.

He struggles too often to get through six innings. He is not economical enough with his pitches and works deep into way too many counts.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
I stand by what I saw in Glendale from Rios. Absolutely blistering the ball. So this funk doesn't worry me as long as he keeps his mind right.

So was Wilson Betemit 2-3 springs ago.

Well, at least the Royals noticed him. Ironic, since we acquired their 3B.

FYI, Farmer needs to stop calling him "Jean" Pierre. Hasn't really helped him this season.

Kind of like the Alisay Ramirez thing.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 02:30 AM)
Danks is really good. He might be having a bad game, but every year he goes deeper into games. Guy is one of the best lefties in all of baseball.

I'm not saying he's not a good pitcher, but it's a tough call if you pay him as a #1 pitcher in the open market.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 02:33 AM)
So was Wilson Betemit 2-3 springs ago.

Well, at least the Royals noticed him. Ironic, since we acquired their 3B.

Betemit was used terribly with the White Sox. He's a pretty damn good hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
I'm not saying he's not a good pitcher, but it's a tough call if you pay him as a #1 pitcher in the open market.

He is a good pitcher but not consistent enough for the money he is going to get paid.

I hope Rios is hurting or it is going to be a long year.

Sox only have 4 hits by the way.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 02:34 AM)
I agree. I think Rios gets out of this. His bat speed is there. The thing that scares me is, mentally, can he handle this funk or will he shut down and have another horrific season like he did 2 years ago.

It will be interesting if they shut him down for a while due to the toe injury. It might be something where he decides to rest it now instead of play the entire year with it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)

Luckily, we'd be buying out some arbitration years so it wouldn't be a true open market contract. I still think the Sox will sign him (as long as s*** doesn't continue to go as it has this year for this team, in which case, everyone will be out, and the Sox will have 15K fans for the next 5 years and a 40M payroll).

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
It will be interesting if they shut him down for a while due to the toe injury. It might be something where he decides to rest it now instead of play the entire year with it.

He injured it last year.

What did they do over the offseason with it?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Luckily, we'd be buying out some arbitration years so it wouldn't be a true open market contract. I still think the Sox will sign him (as long as s*** doesn't continue to go as it has this year for this team, in which case, everyone will be out, and the Sox will have 15K fans for the next 5 years and a 40M payroll).

Peavy, Rios, Teahen and Alexei?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 06:40 PM)
Alexei showing no patience with RISP, and swings at a pitch head level. If Arrieta throws a low inside fastball, this game will be 6-3.

I know it was a bad decision on his part but at least he's one Sox batter who's looking to be aggressive up there.