Ozzie Guillen Suspended

chetkincaid

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
That is pretty steep for a first offense.

I think Ozzie has been suspended before and he knew it was coming. I would hope this might get some of our palyers to bear down and fight out of this slump now rather than have it continue to drag on. Ozzie went to bat for them. Joey Cora will undoubtably be the interim manager. Let's sweep the Orioles and show Ozzie some support that way

Edited by elrockinMT

This is what I dug up:

MLB's rules state that all social media messages -- Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. -- must stop 30 minutes prior to the first pitch. Messages can resume after the game at the individual club's discretion. Getting ejected from a game does not exempt an individual from those rules.

via

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
So what, its still tweeting.

Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for his actions on the field following the top of the first inning of his Club's game against the New York Yankees on Wednesday, April 27th at Yankee Stadium, and for his comments via Twitter following his ejection, which were in violation of Major League Baseball's social media policy and other regulations regarding the use of electronic equipment during the course of a game. Joe Garagiola Jr., Senior Vice President of Standards and On-Field Operations for Major League Baseball, made the announcement. Guillen is scheduled to serve his suspension during Chicago's games tonight and tomorrow night against the Baltimore Orioles at U.S. Cellular Field.

apparently there's a policy against it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
I thought players weren't allowed to tweet during a game. Why would the manager be excluded?

I'm not saying he didn't break the rules, but the punishment is ridiculous. Think about the guys who throw at people that nothing happens to. Think of players getting DUIs that nothing happens to. But tweets during a game is worth a two game suspension? MLBs priorites are way out of whack.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
I'm not saying he didn't break the rules, but the punishment is ridiculous. Think about the guys who throw at people that nothing happens to. Think of players getting DUIs that nothing happens to. But tweets during a game is worth a two game suspension? MLBs priorites are way out of whack.

The shot at the ump is going to get anyone suspended whether its tweeted or spoken. It probably would have been a fine and and a warning had it just been a twitter violation, but Ozzie gets suspended almost annually. If he said that about the umpire after the game he probably would have been gone 2 games anyway.

Oney couldn't believe the suspension. He said MLB is full of itself. That's ironic.

Edited by Dick Allen