Lots of Bad News Today

hi8is

Greg Walker:

I've looked in the mirror and tried to decide if I'm more than my part of the problem.

If you're wondering if you have the chops... it's time to be replaced by someone who has moved beyond that doubt. Success lies on the other end of doubt and this is a very very doubtful statement. No good Walk.

Tony Pena:

Departed Thursday's series finale at Yankee Stadium after a fifth-inning mound visit from White Sox head athletic trainer Herm Schneider with discomfort in his right elbow, which could be tendinitis

Hey, maybe this will be a good thing - maybe Tony will have to go down for 2 weeks and we find someone to be a better replacement... like Infante down on the farm. :P

Alex Rios:

Left the 12-3 loss after making a running catch on Robinson Cano's long fly ball to end the seventh inning, aggravating a left big toe issue.

He hasn't been right all year - save the first like... 3 games. Not a good sign.

QUOTE (Maxwell @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
Going forward - I expect Rios to outperform De Aza, regardless of what he has done so far this season.

Totally! If he can get healthy with that toe and then get his swing back in order. He has made some solid contact lately, so that was good.

Is it Rios' left or right big toe?

If it's his RIGHT, that's a much bigger issue, since it's the plant foot and would severely affect his power and drive at the plate, as well as jumps in CF.

Where's PTAC? Is it like "turf toe" or something different? How long would they theoretically need to shut him down for him to be 100%? Is it one of those injuries that you just have to play through during the season, but where it won't get any worse but it can possibly be healing and then regress again or be re-aggravated?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
Peavy managed more than 15 pitches in the first. That's good news.

Any further information on his outing today? I guess I should look in the Peavy thread ;)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
Is it Rios' left or right big toe?

If it's his RIGHT, that's a much bigger issue, since it's the plant foot and would severely affect his power and drive at the plate, as well as jumps in CF.

Where's PTAC? Is it like "turf toe" or something different? How long would they theoretically need to shut him down for him to be 100%? Is it one of those injuries that you just have to play through during the season, but where it won't get any worse but it can possibly be healing and then regress again or be re-aggravated?

I'm not sure what the injury is. If it is turf toe, it will really inhibit any push off with that foot or running. Turf toe is a sprain of the ligaments and capsule on the inside of the big toe. This will limit any activity where alot of weight is put on that foot. Whenever you run or walk you must dorsiflex (raise up) the toe at least to 70 degrees. This is next too impossible to do with turf toe. It is an injury which can take up to 6-8 weeks to heal depending on the severity of the sprain. Real severe ones can end careers.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 01:05 AM)
Any further information on his outing today? I guess I should look in the Peavy thread ;)

I see the game is on and peavy is pitching. I'm watching it and will update the peavy thread for those interested.

Wow... 10 to 4 now in today's game.

7 unearned runs in the last two innings.

If things don't improve quickly - we're seeing what could go down as the biggest disappointment of a team in our franchise history.

Ugly.

I flippin hope things take a drastic turn for the better... Yikes!!!

If this indeed keeps up all year - heads are gonna roll.

Edited by hi8is

White Sox reliever Tony Pena and outfielder Alex Rios both got good news on their injuries Friday. An MRI on Pena's right elbow showed no serious damage. Rios is battling a sore left toe, but should play Saturday