Sox Game on WGN Saturday 4/30

elrockinMT

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 1, 2011 -> 01:37 AM)
It wasn't a great swing, but it's a hit 95% of the time. It was just unlucky that Andino made a great play on it. Jam shots and ground balls up the middle happen all the time. If that ball got through, I gaurentee people would say "There ya go Alex! Finally". But no, so instead it's extreme negativity. This board is seriously the biggest downer. Can't wait to get drunk tonight and not be depressed by this s***. It's more depressing here than it is watching this team play.

Gordon Beckham had a flare single to right last night. It was more depressing seeing an awful swing by him result in a hit than if he took a great cut and lined out to left.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
Gordon Beckham had a flare single to right last night. It was more depressing seeing an awful swing by him result in a hit than if he took a great cut and lined out to left.

This

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
It wasn't a great swing, but it's a hit 95% of the time. It was just unlucky that Andino made a great play on it. Jam shots and ground balls up the middle happen all the time. If that ball got through, I gaurentee people would say "There ya go Alex! Finally". But no, so instead it's extreme negativity. This board is seriously the biggest downer. Can't wait to get drunk tonight and not be depressed by this s***. It's more depressing here than it is watching this team play.

But isn't alcohol also a depressant?

By definition, you're deliberately depressing yourself in order to escape from being depressed!

Having experienced the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's as a White Sox fan, you just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel with the Twins and West Coast swing looming.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet on this season, that's insane, but if they just get manhandled on the road and swept two in a row by the Twins, it will be even more of a miracle recovery than the Sox last season.

The ONLY way we come back then is if the entire division falls apart and comes back to us instead of us catching them. It happened in 2003. The problem is always the Twins.

26,000+ in attendance tonight. Pretty amazing, but it's fireworks Saturday, their one tried and true attendance generator.

Alexei, have yourself a game!!!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 1, 2011 -> 01:43 AM)
He looks dreadful, and is even being squeezed a bit. It's unfathomable that the Sox don't have a run yet.

Buck should have never let Tillman start this inning. Got to make them pay while he's still in.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
But isn't alcohol also a depressant?

By definition, you're deliberately depressing yourself in order to escape from being depressed!

Alcohol doesn't depress me, it just makes me in to an amazing dancer. My amazing dance skills landing me no action is what is depressing. lol.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 1, 2011 -> 01:45 AM)
Alcohol doesn't depress me, it just makes me in to an amazing dancer. My amazing dance skills landing me no action is what is depressing. lol.

Or cause you probably call yourself Hot Fire to the ladies.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Or cause you probably call yourself Hot Fire to the ladies.

Nope. My nickname is Joe The Show, and I introduce myself as such when I am drunk apparently. I think I need a new pick up line though, because "How about this weather, want to sit on my face?" isn't working well right now.