Sox Game on WGN Saturday 4/30

elrockinMT

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 1, 2011 -> 12:18 AM)
Lol, routine bouncer? The SS made a diving play up the middle, flipped it to Roberts, who made a great turn.

You just following this on Gameday or something!?!

Dude, if it got through, it would have been a 20 hopper. It was a good play, but it pretty much was a weak grounder hit on a 3-1 meatball.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Dude, if it got through, it would have been a 20 hopper. It was a good play, but it pretty much was a weak grounder hit on a 3-1 meatball.

Lol. Yeah, it was just a routine diving stop. You know, just a lazy web gem.

Good lord you people. When it rains negativity, it pours.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
Lol, routine bouncer? The SS made a diving play up the middle, flipped it to Roberts, who made a great turn.

You just following this on Gameday or something!?!

No...I'm watching. I don't care what Andino did. It was a 3 bouncer on a 3-1 meat pitch. Just because the guy made a good play doesn't mean it was a POS bouncing ball.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 1, 2011 -> 01:24 AM)
I still can't get more bothered by Rios than I am with Pierre.

Screw that...at least with Pierre, you know he has 135 games left with the club. We're stuck with Rios and his albatross contract. Hey KW, just say no to players from Alabama!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
You mean a 2 20 bouncer like Fathom saw?

You're right dude. It was an awesome hack on 3-1...if only that sh1t grounder woulda had eyes. Great try Alex!

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 1, 2011 -> 01:30 AM)
You're right dude. It was an awesome hack on 3-1...if only that sh1t grounder woulda had eyes. Great try Alex!

I always reference Jerry Johnson from "Little Big League". When you have to start rooting for seeing-eye singles from a big name player, then it's time to realize how far they've fallen.

Cue the "well the Cardinals, Astros and Rockies and about 3 other teams in major league history came back from being 8 games under .500 or 10 GB in standings"

If it was an NFL season, it would be only 2-3 games, if NBA/NHL, only 14 games and the equivalent of a 6-8 record.

ETC.

I'm going to be tired of hearing about that 26-5 streak from last year being the reason to be patient...or the Twins being in the same position. They're in just as much, if not more, trouble than the White Sox going forward.

Even Greg Walker would mess up Roy Hobbs or Josh Hamilton.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)

It wasn't a great swing, but it's a hit 95% of the time. It was just unlucky that Andino made a great play on it. Jam shots and ground balls up the middle happen all the time. If that ball got through, I gaurentee people would say "There ya go Alex! Finally". But no, so instead it's extreme negativity. This board is seriously the biggest downer. Can't wait to get drunk tonight and not be depressed by this s***. It's more depressing here than it is watching this team play.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
Cue the "well the Cardinals and Rockies and about 3 other teams in major league history came back from being 8 games under .500"

If it was an NFL season, it would be only 2-3 games, if NBA/NHL, only 14 games and the equivalent of a 6-8 record.

ETC.

I'm going to be tired of hearing about that 26-5 streak from last year being the reason to be patient...or the Twins being in the same position. They're in just as much, if not more, trouble than the White Sox going forward.

Even Greg Walker would mess up Roy Hobbs or Josh Hamilton.

They probably don't have a 25-5 streak, that doesn't happen often, but last year, even with their awful start, they were only 1 over .500 the last 2 months of the season, so without a 25-5, there is time to make up ground. Its Cleveland they are chasing. Right now its only a week or 2 of decent baseball and Cleveland hitting reality and they are right there. Every loss makes you wonder if they will ever play well, but they will.

Unless you consider Quentin high-priced.

I'm really worried about Beckham, though. Maybe it's time to send him to the minors. The problem is do we trust the hitting coach in AA or AAA to fix Gordon?

More importantly, how does Gordon feel? His family? He's a VERY confident kid. That's one of the main reasons Ozzie agreed to stick with him last year. At some point, they have to try a different strategy and rebuild him just like Tiger Woods has deconstructed and reinvented 3 swing changes in the course of his career. Just not the same player we saw in 2009 and the second half last season.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
It wasn't a great swing, but it's a hit 95% of the time. It was just unlucky that Andino made a great play on it. Jam shots and ground balls up the middle happen all the time. If that ball got through, I gaurentee people would say "There ya go Alex! Finally". But no, so instead it's extreme negativity. This board is seriously the biggest downer. Can't wait to get drunk tonight and not be depressed by this s***. It's more depressing here than it is watching this team play.

It really wasn't a spectacular play by the SS.

With the exception of the first half of last season, Alex Rios has been an awful player for the Sox. Not average, not below average, not bad.............awful.

Edited by Dick Allen