Make the Case for Ozzie

shago

If he's the reason they're losing then why didn't they win the two games he was suspended? And further, what do you want him to do to make this team better?

A lot of us don't like Cora, either.

I like Ozzie and am thankful for his tenure. I just think this god-awful start after last year's equally schizo-play means he does deserve the boot.

Don't know if it will help at all. I would prefer KW and Oz get axed the same day, truthfully.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
The Tigers are a personal thing for me, as I didn't think they were that good to start the season and I still don't. Nor did I think it would take 90 wins to win this division...and I still don't.

The Indians just cannot keep this up. I mean I know I can't really prove why they won't, but their pitching isn't that good and there is no way the guys who are always injured (Sizemore, Hafner) will stay healthy all year. The Indians have now won 13 straight at home. That correction will be very, very fun. Hopefully we catch them when it's happening.

Translation: my wishful thinking re: other teams in the division means your opinions on this teams' play is stupid! Ozzie4EVER!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
It goes way beyond that. Now every game there are 2-3 mental errors and 2-3 physical errors that are almost inexplicable for modern baseball players.

That seems to run deep in the organization. I'm guessing KW has a lot of tolerance for this. The organization needs an overhaul. I've heard many times that this is a dumb baseball team.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (since56 @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:30 AM)
Its got to be Ozzie/Oney. Walker is not a big enough impact. Ozzie is the bombshell to let the players know they are going to go too if this doesn't change now. No one is sacred. If Ozzie can get fired the players can get sent down released or traded. Light a fire under their asses with a bold move. Bring in Bobby Valentine.

That has no effect on any MLB player. Imagine if the everyday working world has contracts like MLB. Unfortunately players have guaranteed contracts.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:14 AM)
I know I am one of Kenny's biggest fans, so maybe I am biased in regards to that, but I have a really hard time finding much blame with his work. I think he consistently puts teams out there that have the ability to win this division...at some point the players have to play and earn their paychecks.

Many blame him for the poor farm system. I guess he was in charge of that before being GM.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
I want a real hardass manager. The kind of guy who will enforce the way he wants things done. Somebody who will bench even a veteran and, say, sit Konerko the day after he doesn't hustle down the line on a groundout as he never does, etc.

I got a guy on the other line about some white-walls.