"Mayday, Mayday" 5/1 Gamethread

clyons

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
Good call, just looked up his stats...you're absolutely correct. Something to consider though is that Teahen and Dunn look lost against LHP this year, and AJP is going to get the day off after a night game.

Yeah I agree with that aspect of the discussion. Our left handed options haven't exactly looked prolific against southpaws. This just seems to be a trend I've noticed with Ozzie lately.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Can't keep waiting around hoping for 3 run homer against Britton and his super sinker. With Pierre getting on to lead off twice, I'm stunned they didn't put a play on. I can't recall more than one hit and run attempt all season.

How could you possibly question ozzie? Perhaps you don't recall but we won the world series in 2005.

It is pretty bad when the Orioles get a solo homer and we all feel the game is lost. But, all we manage is singles and those aren't well spaced plus we have no timely clutch hitting. Floyd does good but is also good for at least giving up two homers a game

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Gonna have to wait another few days for any possible coaching changes, as no way will JR make a move (Ozzie or Walker) with Thibs getting the Coach of the Year Award and Rose getting MVP tomorrow.

WTF? You really think this is anyone's thought process?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
wonder if the twins visit will turn around their season. more intriguing, who's worse? us or them?

That is the 64K dollar question, but if we split are we both equally bad?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
WTF? You really think this is anyone's thought process?

Yes balta, I absolutely do. You really think they'd fire Ozzie today and let that take away from Thibs winning the award.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
wonder if the twins visit will turn around their season. more intriguing, who's worse? us or them?

the Sox. The Twins have more injuries.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Blackburn and Liriano must be pumped about the upcoming matchup. Pad some stats.

Liriano has actually been horrendous this year. He has an ERA over 9.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 1, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
That is the 64K dollar question, but if we split are we both equally bad?

i guess you're right. I could however see a sweep of a hated rival having a real impact on one or the other. you know that both are looking to break out.