"Mayday, Mayday" 5/1 Gamethread

clyons

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
What the hell would you call what we're in now then?

We aren't really diving right now, its more of a free fall with your arms flailing and legs kicking. Won't score well with the Russian judge.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
I know they've been terrible, but do the stats actually show they've been the worst in MLB?

I don't really research defensive stats tbh. I do know that our LF falls over himself routinely to catch easy fly balls, Rios has been misreading everything, and Quentin has taken a step back in both jumps and judging balls around the wall (excluding his miracle catch yesterday). I couldn't even imaging teams trucking out an OF defense worse than this. This is Sosa in CF bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
Poor Orioles, they'd have a chance to win the AL Central if they were in our division.

Probably could say that for every other AL team not named Seattle.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Hawk must hate pitchtrax when it shows the umpire to be correct.

I think pitchtrax has stolen some of Hawk's blame the umpire thunder. See also, the poor play by this team in general.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
But Walker fixed Lillibridge. Its hard for me to fathom Ozzie not playing Dunn today.

At this point, nothing Ozzie does surprises me. He's in his own little world.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
I know they've been terrible, but do the stats actually show they've been the worst in MLB?

I don't know about the SABR stats like UZR, but I'm sure about 50% of the misplays by Pierre and Rios these past 30 games haven't been ruled as errors, thus not accurately reflecting the true profundity of their suckiness.

Quentin has actually been almost solid out there compared to the rest of our outfielders.

Milledge was also horrible.

There's trouble/danger lurking here SHEREEE.