"Mayday, Mayday" 5/1 Gamethread

clyons

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
Where have you been? He's been on suicide watch since at least Friday.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
He's sounded that way for quite a few games now. It makes him even less bearable than usual.

I usually listen to Farmio and DJ, but I'm getting tired of DJ's "We got some wo-rk to doooo".

I didn't know it was this bad for Hawk.

I've never ever seen this much bad luck before in any sport.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
At this point, it's pretty clear that Gavin Floyd is never going to be better than a 4th starter with occasional flashes of brilliance.

Still has a lot of trade value though.

For his career, his ERA in April and May is about 6.00, so this shouldn't be a surprise. He'll be Cy Young in June and most of July.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
At this point, it's pretty clear that Gavin Floyd is never going to be better than a 4th starter with occasional flashes of brilliance.

There's a better chance he's our "#1" starter next year than him getting traded. I still feel like only a few people really realize the dire starting pitching issues we're looking at next year.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
I usually listen to Farmio and DJ, but I'm getting tired of DJ's "We got some wo-rk to doooo".

I didn't know it was this bad for Hawk.

I've never ever seen this much bad luck before in any sport.

The way he says Carlos Qwenn-TIN is more annoying by far.

At least those guys have the Bears to promote with the draft pick in the box.

Rios showing how NOT to play a flyball by drifting, drifting, drifting with it instead of going back to the wall right away and then readjusting.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Rios showing how NOT to play a flyball by drifting, drifting, drifting with it instead of going back to the wall right away and then readjusting.

He's just dogging it out there, he's better than that. Embarrassing.

Well, if it's any consolation, Detroit finally untied the game and the games back margin MIGHT not sink to 10.

Royals up by 3 runs on the Twins, 5-2. Eerie how the Sox and Twins are sliding and sliding downwards in tandem and meet for the ultimate season-saving showdown.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
He's just dogging it out there, he's better than that. Embarrassing.

It does appear his effort is less than stellar which was the exact knock against him in Toronto. Maybe its his toe injury, or maybe its the fact that he is very graceful and those guys look like they give less effort than they do, but hopefully he didn't think he shut up his critics with his first half last year, because he's been awful ever since.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
It does appear his effort is less than stellar which was the exact knock against him in Toronto. Maybe its his toe injury, or maybe its the fact that he is very graceful and those guys look like they give less effort than they do, but hopefully he didn't think he shut up his critics with his first half last year, because he's been awful ever since.

Between him and Dunn, I bet you're going to start hearing KW talk about acquiring "winning ball players".

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)

If his injury is causing him to hit .160, coast in the outfield and misread flyballs, then he probably should be sat down. It's turf toe right?

Another walk to Pierre.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)

You guys continue to have no idea what the average "4th starter" is. That's a guy with an ERA around 5.5.