"Mayday, Mayday" 5/1 Gamethread

clyons

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a 10+ year major leaguer like Juan Pierre turn into whatever it is he is now out there? He looks like a little leaguer out there right now. *Overruns ball, dances back, two shimmies to the left, closes mitt tenth of a second too early*

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
Is that true?

Not really. Someone did a study of the ERA's from each spot and at least in 2006 the #4 spot was 5.10 but that included every game so injuries and rest and September call ups are added, so its not a #4 guy who lasts the entire season its a #4 guy that also includes starts from a #6-#15 or so guy from which the numbers are taken.

If you took the regular #4 guys and just averaged out their ERA's they would be a little lower.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
You guys continue to have no idea what the average "4th starter" is. That's a guy with an ERA around 5.5.

Fine, Mark Buehrle is still a 3rd starter, too.

It doesn't matter, the Indians are about to put us 10 GB.

100+ years of baseball history is against us now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can even THINK of winning the division at this point. I am more concerned about not having the organization get taken over by Major League Baseball at this point.

(If this holds up) Losing....15 of your last 18, that isn't being 'outplayed', thats pure suckass all around, lets face it.

And we aren't losing to worldbeaters here, we tied a series against the only true 'good' team we've played, gotten our asses handed to us by Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Detroit, Angels...

What happens when we play Cleveland again? Texas? Good lord, I don't want to know how that will go.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
(If this holds up) Losing....15 of your last 18, that isn't being 'outplayed', thats pure suckass all around, lets face it.

And we aren't losing to worldbeaters here, we tied a series against the only true 'good' team we've played, gotten our asses handed to us by Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Detroit, Angels...

What happens when we play Cleveland again? Texas? Good lord, I don't want to know how that will go.

Well the good thing is it can't really get much worse...I mean what are they going to do? Only win 1 of 18 when we play the good teams? Oh, that hurts so much worse... :lolhitting

It's gotten to the point where I'm not following the games any more. I just want to hear at the conclusion of this series that Ozzie Guillen and his coaching staff have been fired. That will be the first step. This team is specializing in corpseball and needs a major shakeup.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 1, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
It's gotten to the point where I'm not following the games any more. I just want to hear at the conclusion of this series that Ozzie Guillen and his coaching staff have been fired. That will be the first step. This team is specializing in corpseball and needs a major shakeup.

Yeah, when Fathom posted his comment an hour or so ago about waiting a few days til someone gets fired, I sort of rolled my eyes...but now I am convinced he's right...I'll bet they have the Twins series to prove themselves...if we don't show some sign of turning this around, someone is definitely going to get fired in a few days at the conclusion of this homestand.

I'm now starting to wonder with our current 3-15 stretch if we can actually go 2-11 over the next 13 games to "reverse" match our WINNING streak last year?

TWILIGHT ZONE TIME.

6 in a row lost at home, no more than 4 runs scored in any of those games.

BTW, Oakland and the Angels are 1-2 in AL pitching, both with ERA's under 3.

And we face Pineda and King Felix.

Perfect Storm, here we come!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
I'm now starting to wonder with our current 3-15 stretch if we can actually go 2-11 over the next 13 games to "reverse" match our WINNING streak last year?

TWILIGHT ZONE TIME.

6 in a row lost at home, no more than 4 runs scored in any of those games.

BTW, Oakland and the Angels are 1-2 in AL pitching, both with ERA's under 3.

And we face Pineda and King Felix.

Perfect Storm, here we come!

30 of 43 on the road with a struggling team = season over early

Even the Tigers are now 7 1/2 GB.

I think that's more amazing than where the Twins and White Sox are, based on the way the three teams have played.

(I know, I know, someone will point out that the Sox and Twins were like 6.5 and 7 GB at the 2003 ASB to the Royals.)

But the Indians just don't have the feel of that Royals team.

I mean really, if we don't average more than 15K the rest of the way.. is Reinsdorf going to be able to pay these guys' salaries? I ask in all seriousness, because I don't know how finances work that well in the MLB. Does he have some kind of massive bankroll, or are they dependent on things like jersey sales, concessions, and ticket sales?